Leica LRF 1200...yeah or nay?

6.5x61Super

okay fellas...those that have the Leica LRF 1200...how long have you had it..and what are your opinions..

I just picked one up for a really good deal!

Thanks

I've used one for 5 or 6yrs woodchuck hunting.
Completely happy with it for the money.

Might get a Geovid next, as I'd love binocular view

I had one for a couple years and loved it. It WILL range 1200 yds. and it's clear and compact. I would still have it but I thought I lost it at hunting camp and went and bought a Swaro 1500 (THEN I FOUND THE LEICA THE NEXT DAY) ..Rich

thanks Mike.

I had one for a couple years and loved it. It WILL range 1200 yds. and it's clear and compact. I would still have it but I thought I lost it at hunting camp and went and bought a Swaro 1500 (THEN I FOUND THE LEICA THE NEXT DAY) ..Rich

yikes...do you still have both of them....I did that once with my wedding band....

I lost the original one after 5 years of marriage [been married for 12 years now!....my wife and I went to the jewelry store the next weekend...ordered another one.....one week later I decided to to steam clean the carpets....lo and behold..guess what was laying on the floor behind my dresser???
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a 1200 CRF now but have owned the previous 1200 LRF too. I thought they both did a great job for the price. Definatly the best bang for the buck. And fast too.

Jeff

Nope....I sold the Leica to a friend and he uses it to hunt coyotes.....Loves it
P.S. don't tell my wife I had two rangefinders instead of two rings!!!!:rolleyes:

I've used one for several years.

I've been grousing that it won't always range as far as I think it should.

Hence I 'rigged' up a tripod holder for it. Made a world of difference. The aiming square is as steady as a rock. I can now, much more frequently, range farther than before. The tripod setup is about like going to the next level up in LRF quality.

The aiming square is quite accurate. Which is a big plus for ranging back in to holes in the trees.

Ive had mine for several years and love it. I got up to 1325yds 1 time on a patch of snow on the hill side. Couldnt complain about that ,i know its the exception though.

What I recently discovered is that reflective may not mean what I tho't reflective meant?

I set up a 3' by 4', to be trashed "white board" (for erasable markers) with the white facing down range. The intention was to determine down range distance while setting up the range to 1K.

It was disappointing to get no readings at all from 500 yds to 1K from that highly, I thought, reflective surface??

I turned the white board around and was highly successful when ranging off of the masonite side???

Wierd, I tho't?

well...I just received it..unfortunately I didn't get home from work until after dark!

I did walk down the drive and ranged the neighbor's house at 207 yards in the dark!

Tomorrow I will bring it to work with me and see just how good it is.

Thanks for the responses fellas.

P.S. I found a Cabelas neoprene case/cover for $5.99 new.

One word....UNBELIEVABLE..

..this is my 4th laser range finder in 12 years...I suppose I should have learned my lessons years ago and given up on the Bushnells, the Nikons...this time I did my homework...had I not...I would have ended up with a Leupold...

good thing I DID my homework...gun):D:cool:

RoyinIdaho, that's interesting about the reflective white board. I was hunting in Leadore last week with that storm that pushed in and on a sunny day with lots of snow, my CRF 1200 wouldn't work past 400 yds., even on trees and rocks. Once it got later in the day and not as bright, it would range to 1200 again. Weird.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.