Leica HD-B custom drop chart

Albatross

Hi everyone, I am wondering if there is help at hand...

I have recently purchased a Leica HD-B rangefinder binocular at great expense and am trying to get my head around its trajectory modelling. I am attempting to generate a baseline (standard atmosphere) drop chart that I can load into the rangefinder and which it can use to calculate corrections. Their trajectory calculator (G7 Flash Ballistics) however yields vastly different results to others on the internet (JBM, G7 and Applied ballistics) despite identical inputs (See attached graph). I find this strange as the Leica calculator was apparently developed by the boys from G7.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this rangefinder and the custom drop chart function?

Attachments

• GSC_308177HV_CompDrop.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 160
cant open the file but it might be because the leica will model its drop chart from sea level. Once you put the sd card in your binos it will measure the atmosphere and adjust your drop chart accordingly

cant open the file but it might be because the leica will model its drop chart from sea level. Once you put the sd card in your binos it will measure the atmosphere and adjust your drop chart accordingly

Bet that's it. I've been using the leicas for awhile and they match my shooter program to the click in the field. No issues at all.

Bet that's it. I've been using the leicas for awhile and they match my shooter program to the click in the field. No issues at all.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have found the source of my error: Leica model trajectory outputs are given in cm drop at target range which need to be converted to Mils. Once thats done the trajectory matches the others quite closely.

Incidentally, CPGfan, are you using MOA or metric corrections? My setup is in Mils & the rangefinder offers metric output in two options: 5mm/100m or 10mm/100m. Would I be correct in assuming that the 10mm/100m option would equate to 1 Mil increments and the 5mm/100m to 0.5 Mils?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.