Leica HD-B 3000 Question

Rflamm250

I recently got a pair of the HD-B 3000. My question is. Is there any way to get it to give me MOA instead of clicks for dialing when using the custom CARD mode.

Yes you can. This was one of the improvements over the prior 2200 model. The instructions to do this are on page 54 of your manual.

Come on dude. A Manuel! We sound like a bunch of ladies. That not the way a man would figure it out. Lol.
I have to dig into mine this fall and get it done. I am terrible at getting that stuff set up. I need to though as it would make life easier.

Yes you can. This was one of the improvements over the prior 2200 model. The instructions to do this are on page 54 of your manual.
Thanks I will see if I can figure it out. What harness are you running with yours. Looking at the Sitka but didnt want to get the 12x50size.

well pg 54 is no help. I have the card programmed and using it in the binos. It is telling me how many clicks. Example; 40 is what it reads when 10MOA is my drop. Wanting it to give me MOA reading not clicks.

I have a programmed card for a 28 Nosler in my binos. Are you choosing the 1-1 option in the ABC menu? This should give you MOA in a decimal point value. Don't forget to save your setting. I took my Leicas on a Utah elk hunt this fall and they gave me a MOA value that was pretty consistent with my ballistic app drop chart.
I'm using the Kuiu pro bino harness in an XL. I had the original Kuiu harness for my Swarovski's and really liked it so went with the improved version.

I am also using them with a CARD. Like owlman said it should be option 1-1 on the ABC menu. They work great with custom ballistics.

Thanks for the help. I tested it on the 1-4 setting which gives you clicks and it was dead on out to 780 yards. I have been running the smaller Kuiu harness with my swaros and was wanting to try something different. I ordered the Sitka 12x50 to try.

I really like the Leica HD-B series sensors and the programmable Micro SD card using your rifle's exact muzzle velocity with a specific ammo - not something ballpark from a "ballistic library".

BUT... to get a TRUE ballistic firing solution you must, of course, have the wind input. And I am waiting for the HD-B binoculars to have Bluetooth capability to send/ receive information to and from my Kestrel 5700.

With the pace or advancement in electro-optics we will see it soon in binoculars and not just on the expensive Vectronix monocular LRFs.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.