Leica hd-b 2200 or sig 2400abs

trueblue

Both of these units are on sale at Euro optics. Not sure which to buy.
I am familiar with how the Sig 2400 works, but like the idea of rangefinder binoculars.
The binos are $1100 more than the Sig 2400
Any feedback on the Leicas and which to choose would be appreciated.

I had the sig 2000 for a few years and bought the hdb's for the same sale last October. Great piece of gear, easy setting up the ballistic card with rifle dope. Worked great on a white tail and cow elk hunt last season. Not sure exactly what your looking to do but works great simplifying gear and only having to worry about wind. Provides holdover in eyePiece to 1k and no problems ranging elk to ~1900.

Short answer, depends. The Leica are GREAT but are larger. IF you want great glass for long glassing sessions it gives you both functions in one. If you just want a compact rangefinder, check out the Leica CRF. Better glass than the Sig and ranges as well or better. I have both Geovids and CRFs.

Also, if you search Leica on here for all forums you can find a ton of recent posts, it is why you aren't getting much for replies, guys are tired of typing the same stuff over and over.

If you are looking for a simple setup for possibly the best firing solution the Sig ABS 2400 is going to be very difficult to beat.

I'd have to say Leica. I had the hdb 2200 and now the 3000's. It's great only needing my bios and not and extra range finder. That being said if you want smaller the Leica 1600b works great to. That's what I use for shotgun zone.
Glass on the Leica leave the dog way behind. Dig is a great range finder but it's hard to compare to the leica's

Thanks for the feedback. Did search Leica, but did not find 2200 specifically.
I Bought the Sig 2400 ABS today for $900 at Euro Optics

You will like that unit. It's very nice. I'm very curious to see how the new sig range finding bios work out. Should bridge the gap between the lower class ones and the Leica swaro's for a very reasonable price.

Both of these units are on sale at Euro optics. Not sure which to buy.
I am familiar with how the Sig 2400 works, but like the idea of rangefinder binoculars.
The binos are $1100 more than the Sig 2400
Any feedback on the Leicas and which to choose would be appreciated.
I just bought my SIGKILO2400ABS not even 2 months ago, and after watching it since it HIT the market I thought that $1299.00 was as low as it would go. I'm soooooo ****ED OFF that I now see it at &899.00 like you! The SIG is a fine RF ABS, as are LEICAS. However EURO said STAY TUNED as SIG's preparing to Introduce their NEW RF toys soon. Ifn I were you sir, I'd WAIT a month to see what they are. I'd NEVER want another fellow shooter to FEEL the ACHE IN THE STOMACH like I did when I heard this news. Think about it sir!
Theosmithjr

Depends on "work flow". For hunting my Leica RF binocs are used extensively. Glass for animals for hours, spot game, range, get solution. Dial solution if needed (most of my hunting shots less than 300yds). For steel, Sig 2400, laser steel, get solution, dial solution all most everytime. Most distances greater than 400 yds. Shoot.

For hunting the RF binocs are very fast and it removes the range finder stand alone from my kit. Can not do with out my binocs.

Chronic

I just bought my SIGKILO2400ABS not even 2 months ago, and after watching it since it HIT the market I thought that $1299.00 was as low as it would go. I'm soooooo ----ED OFF that I now see it at &899.00 like you! The SIG is a fine RF ABS, as are LEICAS. However EURO said STAY TUNED as SIG's preparing to Introduce their NEW RF toys soon. Ifn I were you sir, I'd WAIT a month to see what they are. I'd NEVER want another fellow shooter to FEEL the ACHE IN THE STOMACH like I did when I heard this news. Think about it sir!
Theosmithjr
I hope that is not the case. I specifically asked the salesman that same question as to whether sig was coming out with new rangefinder's and if that is why they were on sale. He told me that Sig was not coming out with new rangefinder's.

I hope that is not the case. I specifically asked the salesman that same question as to whether sig was coming out with new rangefinder's and if that is why they were on sale. He told me that Sig was not coming out with new rangefinder's.

There is a good reason salesman have a bad rep. Greedy or not well informed, same result. :(

Surprised at how expensive the Sig is. You can get a Leica CRF 2000 B or 2400 B for about the same price and to me there is no comparison.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.