Leica Geovid

I don't think they're available for another month or so. I can't wait to hear about them as I am real tempted to buy a pair. I guess I can justify it fi I sell my Leica 1200 for $400 then they're only $1200
grin.gif

The Geovids are available already, they are very good, the only problem is that you cant swap from yards to meters as with the LRF 800/900/1200. you buy the meters version or the yards version and thats what you range in thereafter. anyway, ranging in meters makes more sence as does adjusting scopes in Miliradians ( = cm), than does fiddling about with fractions ,MOA, inches etc..
Pete

The Geovids are available already, they are very good, the only problem is that you cant swap from yards to meters as with the LRF 800/900/1200. you buy the meters version or the yards version and thats what you range in thereafter. anyway, ranging in meters makes more sence as does adjusting scopes in Miliradians ( = cm), than does fiddling about with fractions ,MOA, inches etc..
Pete

For some people, speaking Spanish and German makes more sense than English, what I mean, is us Americans like Feet and Yards and MPH etc etc, just because Europe likes it, does not mean we do..
I can understand what you say if your comming from aa country where Metric has been your way of life.. And I CAN underztand you needs... It is nice they offer a choice..
I'd rather have yards, but if someone gave me a meters one for free... it would be no big deal, I'd print bullet drop charts for meters and work with that..

scott

Oh you blaspheming yanks !! so you don't like your mil dot reticles? your Military doesn't range ,shoot,map read, call in Artillery and Air support all in Meters?
come on move out of the stone age !!!
using a mildot reticle, ranging in meters and adjusting in .1 miliradians is so bloody easy. Hell you need to progress fellers. Pete

Pete,Pete,Pete,
Dont burst a blood vessel with this EURO
supremacy smack,here in America we try and
be tolerant of other people's opinoin's and
express our own, dont go into a vitriolic
tirade on how superior your way of doing
thing's is better than ours.But then I'm
just a blaspheming Yank not a Pompous EURO.
Slam a few Heineken's and come back tomorrow
with a better attitude.
B

no blood vessels bursting here mate, i was already in the pub supping heineken whilst you where still on the range fíguring your fractions.
I'm tellin ya, miliradians is easyerand farbetterto work with, nowt to do with the goddamn EU. i aint a EU fan any way, just tellin you, miliradians, meters and kilometers are a farsuperior way to range, measure and dope it, dial it dump it. Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.