Leica ER scopes

jrsolocam

Does anyone have experience with the Leica ER scopes with the target turrets? I can't seem to find the max MOA adjustment. How would you compare them vs the Zeiss Conquest line?

Thanks

The new Leica's are great optical systems. The amount of difference between the Leica ER of today and the Leica-pold of old is amazing. They are what you expect from a high end European manufacturer in terms of clarity, color, contrast, and resolution. Really good field of view and with a large eye box, the scope is really easy to get behind and has ample amounts of eye relief.

It's hard to compare the conquest to the Leica because the two scopes are totally different. While the conquest (made by meopta) is a great optical system for the money, it's not a leica. I think a better comparison would be with the Swaro Z5 line (because the 5 and 6 have the same erector tubes). I prefer the Z5 in this instance with the BT and 4w reticle.

As for the amount of internal adjustment, 33 inches at 100 yards for the 3.5-14 vs 55 inches at 100 for the 2.5-10.

I got my hands on one today but it was in a store. The resolution, clarity and eye relief were extremely impressive. Granted this was inside a store not outside but I could clearly see how much better it was then the conquest. The one I looked at was the 3.5-15x42 but it did not have the target turrets. I can't seem to find any in colorado...

Thanks for the replies. I guess the lack of activity in this thread indicates most people don't use Leica, or aren't interested in them. I understand its not a tactical scope people use for 1,000+ shooting, I was thinking the model with the target turrets might make a good hunting scope for my 6.5x284 or 7mmWSM lighter weight rifles. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.