Leica ER Issue

WBT

I just purchased a Leica ER 2.5-10x42. The discount Leica is running right now was just too good to pass up. My first impression was that the scope is awesome. The glass is great and the fit and finish seems better than my Swarovskis. It's really nice.

However, the power adjustment ring is really, really stiff. It's very difficult to turn. Much more difficult to turn than any of my other scopes. Is this something to be concerned about? I would hate to send in a new scope for service.

I did some searches online and I couldn't find any other instances of this issue. At least not with the Leica. I found some posts indicating this issue comes up with really cheap scopes and it often happens right before the scope craps out completely. I bought this scope for a .375 H&H that I intend to use for DG so reliability is pretty important.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.