Leica ER 2-10 lasted 34 rounds

snox801

Ok so I picked up a Leica 2-10 a month or so ago. Was gonna replace my 2-10 vortex.
Now all my other Leica stuff is top notch and I've had no issues. But after getting this mounted and zerod. I went to the range today and half way through my second box of ammo. Click bang and fuzzy scope. Turned know down to 4x and I could see again back up and fuzzy adjusting everything and still fuzzy. Was like a switch flipped. Not what I expected from them and it made me loose confidence in the scopes even if fixed because this was gonna be my go to hunting rifle for 80 percent of what I hunt replacing my 300blk.
This was on a 6.5 grendel with bipod front bag in back.
Hopefully they get it resolved fast enough that I can get a lot of rounds down the pipe before hunting to make sure it's solid. Because the glass was amazing compared to the vortex.

Ok so I picked up a Leica 2-10 a month or so ago. Was gonna replace my 2-10 vortex.

Hopefully they get it resolved fast enough that I can get a lot of rounds down the pipe before hunting to make sure it's solid.
My experience with their service department was horrible; never got anyone on the phone, after a dozen call and a dozen emails 2 weeks after the tracking said it was delivered to them I got an email from the tech department saying they have it and (more or less) to stop emailing us. I sent it in July and missed the hunting season, got a tracking number mid November and received shortly after, invoice said "no charge" but no indication of what was wrong or repaired. Eventually got ahold of a guy who said they are trying to add more people to the service department. Hope your experience is better.

So far much better. Got an email back after only a few hours even on Sunday. They are closed now for COVID-19 but will handle it ASAP when they reopen. And we are now locked down for 3 weeks

Now all my other Leica stuff is top notch and I've had no issues. But after getting this mounted and zerod. I went to the range today and half way through my second box of ammo. Click bang and fuzzy scope. Turned know down to 4x and I could see again back up and fuzzy adjusting everything and still fuzzy. Was like a switch flipped. Not what I expected from them and it made me loose confidence in the scopes even if fixed because this was gonna be my go to hunting rifle for 80 percent of what I hunt replacing my 300blk.
This was on a 6.5 grendel with bipod front bag in back.
Hopefully they get it resolved fast enough that I can get a lot of rounds down the pipe before hunting to make sure it's solid. Because the glass was amazing compared to the vortex.
well when you buy a cheap scope what do you expect? :)

I had that same leica scope model 4 years ago and sold it within a few months. I really disliked it, and the glass was as dim and as bad as a vx3i. I've had several of their binos and scopes. I know some people love the brand.....I won't buy another one. And they probably hold their value worse than any other Euro brand. IMO Zeiss, Meopta, SB, Swaro, and Kahles is the way to go.

So far much better. Got an email back after only a few hours even on Sunday. They are closed now for COVID-19 but will handle it ASAP when they reopen. And we are now locked down for 3 weeks
The Meopta and zeiss facilities in Europe are both shut down as well.

I had that same leica scope model 4 years ago and sold it within a few months. I really disliked it, and the glass was as dim and as bad as a vx3i. I've had several of their binos and scopes. I know some people love the brand.....I won't buy another one. And they probably hold their value worse than any other Euro brand. IMO Zeiss, Meopta, SB, Swaro, and Kahles is the way to go.

I think that boils down to your eyes. I can tell you for my eyes I've never had such good glass as Leica. In fact I know leupold makes get stuff but it think the glass is trash. With so many people saying how good it is and people I respect I boil it down to how your eyes take light. I may never buy another scope from them but doubt I'll ever buy anything else but them for my range finder and bios

I think that boils down to your eyes. I can tell you for my eyes I've never had such good glass as Leica. In fact I know leupold makes get stuff but it think the glass is trash. With so many people saying how good it is and people I respect I boil it down to how your eyes take light. I may never buy another scope from them but doubt I'll ever buy anything else but them for my range finder and bios
I agree with you that Leupold is trash. As far as Leica, have you had any of the high end Zeiss or S&B scopes?
But if you like the Leica and it suits you, then that's all that matters.

I have had Zeiss and swaro but not SB. for my high end scope I use the atacr which is great glass but hard to compare a scope to bios.
I think the swaro's where every bit as good as the Leica Imo but I had such great luck with my first Leica bios that I stayed with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts