Leica 3500.COM & Kestrel 5700 Elite

They did a class with us recently, very well put together and executed. If you own a Kestrel I recommend signing up.

It was a good introductory course to the unit. People asked silly questions and not all material was covered in the time allotted. Silly questions being ones that could have been answered in video tutorials that were already produced by Kestrel or Panhandle Precision.

Also anyone signed up for the course they will send out the transcripts of all chats questions asked and the PowerPoint's provided. They also gave a 10% coupon code off their website.

Last edited:
I went with Zeiss victory rf 10x42 binos. They match up perfectly in dope with my shooter app, and ab. The only thing they don't factor is spin drift. Hopefully zeiss comes out with Bluetooth firmware to link to my kestrel for wind. Cuz they don't do anything for wind holds. But I run mils and the math is quick in my head.

As stated in the thread above, I definitely had connection issues past 6 feet. Not a huge deal breaker for me though, as I can't see myself using them apart from one another. Understandably, if I was running a wind vane yes. But the pair together, Leica and Kestrel, are awesome.

Lots of room in Wyoming to stretch the Leica out! I was able to range a group of pines at 3420 yards once and 3418 yards once. Same group of pines. As much as I tried, I was unable to achieve the same range at that great of a distance. Was with a guy who had a Sig 2400 ABS. We were unable to get the unit to read past 2000 yards +/- a few.

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing a Leica 3500, don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed.

I shot a really nice buck in Wyoming, however, it was less than 200 yards. That being said, unable to use the Kestrel to its potential.

I just recently built a tactical rifle in .338 lapua mag. And was leaning towards a leica 3500.com because why not ?!..with on board ballistics charting, bluetooth, ect.
Seems a no brainer. So reaching out cause in my Recon efforts I can't find any straight answers on..will this device calculate ballistics for a .338 in set distances of 1,500 to 1,800 to say 2,800 yrds. Noticed most others were cutting off such ballistics at 1200yrds.
Anyone care to comment ?
Thanks in advance 'oohraa

Last edited:
I just recently built a tactical rifle in .338 lapua mag. And was leaning towards a leica 3500.com because why not ?!..with on board ballistics charting, bluetooth, ect.
Seems a no brainer. So reaching out cause in my Recon efforts I can't find any straight answers on..will this device calculate ballistics for a .338 in set distances of 1,500 to 1,800 to say 2,800 yrds. Noticed most others were cutting off such ballistics at 1200yrds.
Anyone care to comment ?
Thanks in advance 'oohraa

If paired with a Kestrel 5700 Elite, it will give you a solution for as far as you can range. Using the Leica Ballistic App, you can load your profile in the app and sync with your rangefinder. Without the Kestrel, it will compute to 875 yards.

B3D2EBC6-4B19-4951-9411-9A1EA65EBB0A.png

Last edited:
Ty brother for taking the time.. So after truly analyzing all the data, pros, cons,ect. acquired between my top 3 picks, I finally decided on the SS kilo 3000 pairing to the Kestrel elite. Of course I leaned toward the Vortex warranty.. then how long Leica in the biz of anything glass and standards they have set for others..but then when I witnessed a fellow soldier grab range on an eagle in mid flight about 4000ish yards but the Leica could not, well that was the Deal winner 🏆
They all had something over the other that's true, but when on the scale with all factors in play, with everything I needed in a ranger The Sig came out on top. "OOOHRAH

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.