Leica 3500.COM & Kestrel 5700 Elite

sounds good !! I'll be very interested in seeing this range finder work . it looks like a dandy set up .

sorry for the side track ;

they put out a few more targets . we now have one at 1100 , 1200 , 1240 . we need something in the 1300's and we're pretty well covered from 800 - 1600 . it looks like when the job is done maybe 2800 .

I got the rangefinder and the kestrel paired with no issues. Again the rangefinder is so fast. Setting up the kestrel was super easy. Loading gun/bullet profiles from the app is a snap. Although I have read on other forums of possible connections issues, I haven't had any, yet. As soon as you turn on both devices, they find one another. From the time you range, until the corrections from the kestrel are displayed in the rangefinder, it is probably 2-3 seconds. It's down right neat to see the kestrel work and all the factors it computes. I took it out to 1235 yards this afternoon. It rained after dinner and I wasn't able to get out and stretch the pair out. I am going to try and hit 3000 yards this weekend.

Picked up a set of pines on my second attempt (3268 Yards). Used my vehicles window as a rest.
367C3E9C-9E1C-4E1C-80C4-8ABFAB953087.jpeg

Anymore updates? Still like the combo? I'm looking at doing the same thing. I'm still determining which one to get first and add the other later down the road. Right now I just use applied ballistics on my phone and get ranges with a leica 2000.

Unfortunately no. With work and other priorities, I haven't been able to get out.

The combo works great together. I have 40 days left before I leave for Wyoming. I will be out soon to shoot and hope to have some additional information for you. Very excited to try this in the field on game.

I hear you on work and homefront projects. I'm getting ready for my hunts. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the kestrel now and maybe next year the rangefinder. Good luck on the hunts and I hope to hear more feedback. Thanks

Good luck to you as well.

If I were you, I'd update the Kestrel now and rangefinder later. Maybe try to sell the rangefinder and upgrade them both at the same time.

I had to switch back over to APP connectivity on the 3500 to complete the update. To communicate with the Kestrel, it has to be set to LAT.
68575463-5BFB-4DC9-9E0B-745523EB3D09.png

BD45B4D0-7D3E-4691-B943-3CBA28437A83.png

Last edited:
Just completed this class via ZOOM! Very informative.

Spots available for the next:
September 24 1PM EST
Wednesday, October 7 1PM EST Thursday October 22 1PM EST

418A04BC-AD79-4356-A088-A574E61433A5.png

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.