Leica 3500.COM & Kestrel 5700 Elite

C.O. Shooter

Recently upgraded from a Leica 1600 to the 3500.COM. As I don't have the 5700 Elite yet, it will be acquired in the near future.

First impression of the 3500.COM - Awesome! It is super fast. I took it out for a test drive this morning and wasn't disappointed. Freehand, I hit 2553 yards, repeatedly!

Big shout out to: https://cameralandny.com/shop/leica...1e7f-0138-7b95-00163e90e196?variation=2105483

Anxious to get the two units paired and see what they can do! I'll update my progress as I go.

Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM:
Leica's new ballistic powerhouse – the compact Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM – is more precise and reliable than ever before, with new Bluetooth® functionality.Ballistic rangefinding has never been easier: Create your individual ballistics profile quickly and conveniently using the Leica Hunting app. With the Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM, precision longrange shooters and hunters in all environments receive precise, reliable rangefinding up to 3,500 yards – in fractions of a second, at the touch of a button on any type of target. This makes the Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM an essential partner for all precision long-range shooters and hunters. The Class 3R laser enables reliable, repeatable measurements up to an unmatched distance of 3,500 yards – even in difficult weather conditions on all types of targets. By connecting to the "Kestrel Elite" weather meter, you can utilize advanced "Applied Ballistics" technology for even more precise results. Connecting to the Apple Watch additionally enables silent, error-free data transmission between spotter and shooter. This unrivalled combination of industry leading optical quality, the latest Bluetooth® platform and full ballistic functionality in compact, rugged design makes the Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM the most powerful rangefinder in its class.

Last edited:
Anyone use one of these? Referring to the vain, mount, and tripod!

I have the 5500 ($400 Amazon), it came with vane and tripod mount, really no other reliable way to get wind speed/direction. I just use a cheapo Sony tripod I already had. Setup would be faster on one with bubble level, but it doesn't take all that long without. I use Hornady 4DOF app, so didnt want to pay the extra for built in ballistics. I have only used it at the range a couple times, but it works really well.

I have a weather vane. I use a different tripod, but it works good with one of the new current update features or if you leave wind open in the ballistics setting. Assuming you have clean airflow.

I've tried finding info on the 3200.com binos to see if they run the same ballistics engine as the 3500. I'd like to get rid of lrf and incorporate it into binos with great glass the 3200.com and Zeiss victory rf are in the hat right now.

My suggestion, if you can swing it, is to use a taller tripod. Wind gradient is an important factor and at ground level the wind won't be as influential on the mount.

Lieca is hard to beat for range finders. You must be a tsteady person to get reading at 2500yds. That said I have had readings to 1400 with my Ziess but that is as far as they range. Great purchase I am sure you will enjoy them. Let us know how far you can get reading on animals too.

0F6334FF-DBD2-4259-952D-4D7DAF8689A5.jpeg

we could have put this to use last night . I couldn't range 2045 yards with my sig . we used another rangefinder , got the distance , used a JBM print out I carry along , and went to work on the plate .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.