Leica 2800com battery

808caliber

Hows it everyone

Anyone have experience with their leica 2800com eating up batteries like candy? It tskes a cr2 battery which is like 4 bucks one and they seem to last for like 2 hunting days max. And thats like not even using it on for more than like 8hrs total. It is bluetooth linked to my kestrel. Not sure if this is a fluke or is common to everyone else

Everything else about this rangefinder is bad *** and have no complaints.

Mahalo

Muddyboots

My experience with BT is if you do not shut it off it will stay linked to the device and just eat batteries. I noticed that first with shooting muffs that if I did not shut the muffs off they would stay linked to my phone until the batteries were consumed. So once I am done with the BT device, I shut it off to make sure batteries are not consumed in background not in use. Thanks for reminder since I have Leica as well.

808caliber

My experience with BT is if you do not shut it off it will stay linked to the device and just eat batteries. I noticed that first with shooting muffs that if I did not shut the muffs off they would stay linked to my phone until the batteries were consumed. So once I am done with the BT device, I shut it off to make sure batteries are not consumed in background not in use. Thanks for reminder since I have Leica as well.
The 2800com does shut down pretty quick though and it takes a bit when i restart it to connect to the kestrel while beaming an animal. And i only turn it on and my kestrel on when i am ready to beam game. Guess we shall see how that update works.

twister

LRH Team Member
i did not eat up batteries with mine. I did the update before i hunted with them.

twister

LRH Team Member
I had it paired to the phone. I have paired it to the kestrel but not for several days at a time. That will happen end of this month.

Trending threads

Recent Posts