Leica 2700 B rangemaster

I think if it says Lieca on it you can not go wrong. I do not have one of the 2700's but have used an old 800 and have a friend with a 1600b. Both of these units do everything they claim to unlike other companies range finders that fall a little short. You will not go wrong if you get one.

The Leica 1600B is what I have had for about six years now and it has been very good. When my wife got into hunting we bought her the newer 2000B which will range further than my 1600B and is a little quicker. They changed the size of the reticle on the 2700B and the one I tried recently was very impressive. The optics on all of them are very good as we would expect from Leica. After trying the 2700B I am sort of hoping that my 1600B dies a natural death sometime soon but I can't see that happening.

The Leica 1600B is what I have had for about six years now and it has been very good. When my wife got into hunting we bought her the newer 2000B which will range further than my 1600B and is a little quicker. They changed the size of the reticle on the 2700B and the one I tried recently was very impressive. The optics on all of them are very good as we would expect from Leica. After trying the 2700B I am sort of hoping that my 1600B dies a natural death sometime soon but I can't see that happening.
I talk to the people at Leica yesterday about the new 2700B and they told me to go on line and it will tell how to set the 2700B up. For the money it's very impressive

I have both the 8x and 10x Leica 2000B's. They have been the only way to go for prairie dogs. The new 2700B I expect would be as good or better. Even if you don't range with them the optics are awesome.

You are not wrong! I actually think they are a lot better than alot of people realize. With a few pushes of the buttons I can choose the number of clicks up for my scopes with external turrets. If the scope has covered turrets then the Leica will tell me hold over in several different formats. All of that plus excellent optics.

I have the 1600B also and trust its ranging capabilities fully. The ballistic solutions stop at 800yds, I think, which should, IMO, be extended to as far as it will range.
I have heard that the 2700B provides solutions to 1K, which is better but still governed too much. I wish they would turn that portion up/loose and then they would have something. Still good glass and RF, jus' sayin'.

+1 for leica my 1600b works great and id like to update sometime soon and when i do i will stay in the leica crowd.

The 2700B has both. It has 12 preset ballistic curves with three different zero points, 100y/m,
200y/m or a point blank range setting. The big improvement they made with the 2700B is the ability to insert an SD card that you can load your specific ballistic curve to and use that. Leica has a ballistic program available on their website that you can input your info into and then download to the SD your card.

Regarding the ability to load your specific ballistic curve from a SD card -- that woukd be for a single elevation and temperature. Can the 2700B then scale the ballistic curve given a different elevation ad/or temperature?

ShrtRdy that is a very good question. If it is using the info from the SD card rather than one of the presets I would think it would do the calculations. Perhaps one of you guys State Side might like to email the US Leica agents so we are all clear on this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.