Leica 2000-b Rangefinder

Kaolru

Since you guys have been so helpful in giving me tons of information on rangefinders, I thought I'd let you know in my search I found the Leica 2000-b is currently on sale at EuroOptics for $569 and you also get a $100 gift card. Average list price I've seen everywhere else is $699.

https://www.eurooptic.com/40536-Leica-Leica-Rangemaster-CRF-2000-B--MPN-40536.aspx

Still haven't made up my dang mind between this and the Sig 2200, but regardless I thought I'd share what I found since that's a really nice discount.

I use a Lica 1600-B.

After the $100.00 gift card, the Lica is just a little over $100 more than the Kilo at Cabela's. That's a great deal.

* The Lica optics are fantastic. They must use the same quality glass that they use on their binos and such. You can use the Lica rangefinder for observation of game and such. The mag is only 7x but it is amazingly clear and bright. There is just no comparison of the optics between it and the Kilo. The Kilo seems like you are looking thru Saran wrap or something. You have to be able to see the animal before you can range it and with the Lica you can make out a deer in varying cover at very long range.

* The Lica gives you temp, inclination angle, and Station pressure. These are three biggies for accurate long range shooting. The Kilo does not provide these it only gives the angle in the form of "Angle Modified Range". This AMF is nice, but has no real advantage over the inclination angle that the Lica gives.

At this price, i would get the Lica, hands down.

I am not sure but I believe that model has the micro card slot to store info for many different rifles. Sounds like a good deal he will be very happy and should never have to worry about an upgrade. As has been mentioned the Lieca glas is the best and clarity will not be an issue. I sound bias toward Lieca that is because I think my old 800 lrf Lieca is a nicer unit to use then my Ziess rf binos. My only reason for changing my set up was I only wanted to carry one item instead of two while bow hunting. Those Lieca's will range down to 11yds for his archery hunts.

I see the sig 2200LRH ( Long range hunter model) on sale at Cabelas for $ 349.99. compared to $ 569.00 , You would have cash left over in the amount of $219.01. Go with Sig and have fun shopping. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Since you guys have been so helpful in giving me tons of information on rangefinders, I thought I'd let you know in my search I found the Leica 2000-b is currently on sale at EuroOptics for $569 and you also get a $100 gift card. Average list price I've seen everywhere else is $699.

https://www.eurooptic.com/40536-Leica-Leica-Rangemaster-CRF-2000-B--MPN-40536.aspx

Still haven't made up my dang mind between this and the Sig 2200, but regardless I thought I'd share what I found since that's a really nice discount.
The Leica 200 hen binoculars are on sale at Cabela right now for 1999 smoking deal and I love them

I see the sig 2200LRH ( Long range hunter model) on sale at Cabelas for $ 349.99. compared to $ 569.00 , You would have cash left over in the amount of $219.01. Go with Sig and have fun shopping. Good luck hunting and be safe.
The Sig 2200 I have is not 1/2 as good as the Leica 2000. Not even close. Get the Leica and save yourself the trouble of having to immediately upgrade it to a better one !!

I was thinking the same thing. Saving a couple hundred usually cost you many hundred dollars. I think the only negative I have heard about the Lieca is the cost which is not really a lot more.

I heard about that deal on the Geovid 2200 b bino if you could afford that your boy friend would be set for life. Here in Canada those bino's sell 4000 dollars. Lieca is one of the top optic companies out there. Where as Sig is just getting started in a tough field to compete in. In 10 years this could be a different story and Sig may have a top notch rep but not yet.

I searched the net forums a long time before I choose a finder. One of the forums was from a sniper forum , in it the fellow was comparing the Lieca to a comparably priced sig. ,don't remember the models of either, but he would range with the lieca then the sig. the sig kept doing what the Lieca was doing only a lot faster, it would give a reading in a fraction of a second also. He could not believe the sig was matching what he also thought was an unmatchable Lieca. It ended up , the sig actually ranged further than the Lieca. Anyway at the time I saw only good things about the sig, and I only needed one to range to 900 - 1000 yards , so I bought the sig 2000 on an ebay auction for a good price of $307 dollars and it reads every time out to 1100 yards. This is more than what I needed, and I have also gotten readings as far as 1748 yards with it. Have not had any issues with it , couldn't ask for anything better, and it is super fast at reading the range. Don't by a Mack truck when all you need is a pickup. Good hunting and be safe.

I searched the net forums a long time before I choose a finder. One of the forums was from a sniper forum , in it the fellow was comparing the Lieca to a comparably priced sig. ,don't remember the models of either, but he would range with the lieca then the sig. the sig kept doing what the Lieca was doing only a lot faster, it would give a reading in a fraction of a second also. He could not believe the sig was matching what he also thought was an unmatchable Lieca. It ended up , the sig actually ranged further than the Lieca. Anyway at the time I saw only good things about the sig, and I only needed one to range to 900 - 1000 yards , so I bought the sig 2000 on an ebay auction for a good price of $307 dollars and it reads every time out to 1100 yards. This is more than what I needed, and I have also gotten readings as far as 1748 yards with it. Have not had any issues with it , couldn't ask for anything better, and it is super fast at reading the range. Don't by a Mack truck when all you need is a pickup. Good hunting and be safe.

BB, what do you use for temp, station pressure, angle? The Kilo 2200LRH at Cabela's doesn't even give the "Angle Modified Range". Seems Cabela's had Sig remove it so they could hit a lower price point.

I can understand saving money, but you have to look at value too. The Lica is only $109 more with current pricing and gift card incentive. At that price the Lica with it's quality and function is quite a deal.

Also, glad you have had good luck with your Kilo. Seems there have been issues with them though. Like battery life, buttons, cold weather function, etc.
Check this thread: http://www.rokslide.com/forums/optics/63217-sig-sauer-kilo-2200-rangefinder-versus-kilo-2000-a.html

My only gripe with Lieca is their warranty. My 4 year old 1600 was having some issues and the customer service guy said tough crap , 1 year warranty.

Another factor to consider with laser range finders, that I rarely see discussed, is beam divergence. I think Leica has a spec listed for their range finders, which is one of the best, if not THE best, of any within its price range. Not sure if Sig has a beam divergence spec listed or not. This is very significant when you are in relatively flat terrain or where you have possible obstructions where a wider beam may pick them up and give false ranges. I've had a Leica 1600 for the past 5 years and have been very happy with the reliability. Glass is great, readings are fast and accurate, and it provides the data that I need to make an accurate shot.

I said earlier that my 2000 compensates for the angle of shot. All I need is the range the gun will do the rest. But the area I'm going to hunt is a long walk in 1 mile or more , I cant carry my Barr & Straud that far or my big gun for that matter, now there is a range finder. I just saw on this site guys that cant wait to get their hands on the new 2400 sigs , they are supposed to do it all, blue tooth capable ect. I will have a shoulder gun in a 300 win. mag. I have never needed anything more than to know the yardage and approx. wind speed and direction to make it happen, and you need a spotter also if your gun will not let you call your own shots. This is as high tec. as I wish to go. I like to think that I am still part of making it happen. As far as battery life, I'm still on the one that came with it. That is a wonder in its self as much as I have been playing with it. Cold temps will shorten the life of any battery, but the sigs are very small and can be put in a shirt pocket close to your body to keep it nice an warm extending the battery life, physics. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.