Leica 1600 or just go with a Vortex Ranger

CleanShot

Hello

I'm in the market for a rangefinder. I think I've narrowed it down to a Leica 1600 or CRF 1600B or the Vortex Ranger. Yes I know there is a massive price disparity and that most folks around these forums abide by the buy once cry once rule, however for this season and most of my hunting I'll likely be doing bow hunting. I'd like the flexibility of having something if I go out west to visit my brother but maybe an upgrade at that point might be more prudent since it may never actually come to fruition.

What are your thoughts on these RFs? Is there something better in the "value" category?

Thanks
Sam

IMHO you are looking at the best option in their respective price points. I currently use a 1600-B and have had used a Vortex range finder in the field. Both are very user friendly. I went with the Lecia range finder because of the glass. In low light/twilight I was really impressed.

i really liked how the vortex had an adjustable brightness control. For me it just came down to the optics and i preferred the Lecia and it fit my budget.

Well, vortex is a great company and they have great products. Here comes the HOWEVER. The leica 1600B is a WAY better rangefinder. This of course, is my opinion. You would not be disappointed.

Randy

LRHcustomsearch_zpsa1485285.jpg

Cute and all but if you know anything about forums technology, and I worked on them for years, one of the biggest issues is information in posts become stale. Additionally if you use the wrong keywords you get poor results. Basically if you don't want to answer a newbie question move on but I've obviously done some research before asking the question. So I've done all the research I can on my own and I'm asking a question.

Searching does *NOT* always produce the right information when it comes to forums and there are variations on questions that produce different answers.

To the other gentleman. Thanks very much for your informative replies. It sounds like I can't go wrong with either so it all depends on how much I want to shell out and what I find a good deal on! Thanks again!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts