Lehigh Bullets

This is 4 shots at 100yds with the Lehigh/Bloodline 250 in a Harvester sabot at 100yds with my Pro Hunter w/ .50 Encore Bergara barrel. Barrel heat more then likely had 3 and 4 go high. There is one Harvester PT clustered in the group. In a TC .50 barrel I would recommend a Harvester crushed rib sabot or try them with the provided MMP sabot that comes with them from Knight. Hope this helps!
bloodlines.jpg

the 275gr .458 diameter with orange sabot did not shoot as well as the ssts did have not taken any game with them yet.

I have heard they work fine on game, in there with any other decent bullet. There is nothing magical about them. They don't work well with smokeless as they don't obuterate well as they are too hard (brass).

I have a few, have not shot them and they will not be getting any more of my business as they have enlisted a really unpleasant bully to hawk them on all the forums.

I would not recommend them as a long range bullet, the BC is too low and I have seen no one demonstrate that they will open/separate well at low velocities.

I used a 300 grain Lehigh bullet on a Cow ELK at 150 yards on the run and I will not use anything else now. It opened and cut the lungs and heart all up.. and broke the shoulder

Load 110 grains Blackthorn 209 and 300 grain 50cal

I have not personally used them, however, I've read good things on accuracy and terminal performance.

The petals are designed to break apart for internal damage while the core punches through. If you want to get away from lead, these may be an option. Of course, you have Barnes and I know Hornady is coming out with a new " no lead " bullet.

They are priced at a premium but price is subjective.

I got a box on clearance and I wish i had bought more but they are prices about the same as barnes and my gun likes them better

lehigh or one great bullet the 275gr are good to 175 to 200yds after that they drop hard and the deers I have shoot with them has done very well and live a big blood trail.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.