Legacy Portable Shooting Bench Review

ADMIN

Administrator
A fairly large UPS package arrived at our store a couple weeks ago and I immediately knew it was the Legacy Portable Shooting Bench I was excited to try out. The benches sell for $389 and include free shipping. It sure was nice to have the package delivered right to my door. I immediately laid the package on the floor and opened it up. As I slid the bench out, my first impression was that the varnished wood sure had a rich and handsome feel. I laid the bench top on the floor and stepped back to get a good look at it. "Wow, this thing is beautiful", I thought. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Legacy Portable Shooting Bench Review, By Andy Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Finally got to visit with Wade at the Tulsa gun show. The latest changes look really nice. These benches are a great valve.

Finally got to visit with Wade at the Tulsa gun show. The latest changes look really nice. These benches are a great valve.

It really is a great value. Best shooting item I've purchased this year. I plan on buying another for a outfitter friend shortly.

On another note. I'm really digging the LongRangeHunting logo on the bench like the one pictured in Len's article.

Real nice piece of equipment looks to be well made. How long are the legs fully extended and fully retracted?

Legacy: Free upgrade

For a limited time, we will provide four adjustable legs at no additional charge. This is normally a $40 upgrade but if you mention this post, we'll throw it in free.

We look forward to providing you with the bench that will last you a lifetime.

E. Wade Loudamy
Legacy Shooting Products

One other feature of which I did not mention to Andy:
There are numerous internal voids CNC machined into the bench. This reduces the weight of the bench without sacrificing any strength. This, combined with the aluminum legs provide a bench that is adjustable for height, terrain and to achieve a level shooting surface.

E. Wade Loudamy
LegacyShootingProducts.com

What is the height of the table top ? What are the guys using for seats? Still got the 4 leg adjust offer for free?

Thanks for your inquiry.
Yes, the free upgrade is still offered. With that, the height is 30" to 35". With the two fixed-length, the height is about 33"

There are numerous stools out there that adjust via a screw or a hydraulic cylinder. This is just a preference for each shooter and each shooter seems to have a different opinion. For those reasons, we don't stock stools. But check out your local stores such as Harbor Freight, Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc. Try to find an adjustable option to give you the best flexibility and comfortable shooting position.

If you order through our website, there is an option for notes as you check out. Enter the option for free upgrade to 4 adjustable legs, and we'll get it shipped.

EWL

We have a new ambidextrous model available. This is surprisingly lightweight due to the internal voids that are machined into the top. Weight without legs is 31# and with legs is 41#. That's a great balance of weight and stability.

The prototype of this bench proved to be much lighter and easy to carry than expected due to the internal design and is proving to have all the benefits of an ambi' unit without the unneeded weight and heft typically found on these units.

Patent-pending design.

These will be available in a couple weeks. Pre-order for early delivery as soon as they become available.

LegacyShootingProducts.com

Attachments

• Ambi bench-1.jpg
    Ambi bench-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Ambi bench-2.jpg
    Ambi bench-2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 110
  • LH Bench top view.jpg
    LH Bench top view.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 114
Left-Hand unit is also shown in the pic's above. These have been available for quite some time but not everyone is aware of the LH option. All features are the same as the RH unit but just reversed for LH shooters.

Patent-Pending design.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts