Lefty Options

I'd probably have to buy a Tikka in a 6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5 PRC. Shoot it a bit, then decide if it was good enough or if it needed a McMillan to fit you better. After 30 years of right handed shooting, eye infection caused me to switch about 10 years ago. Takes a bit but you'll get it dialed in. Good luck to you.

When all of the left hand people start telling you how they shoot right hand guns, just ignore them. They have probably never owned a left hand rifle. I had to shoot right handed stuff when I was young and was happy to start shooting left handed when I could afford to buy my own stuff. Once you get used to it, it feels more natural. That said, most companies offer left hand stuff. You will most likely have to special order it and wait for it though. Used is always an option too. I have left hand rifles from savage, browning, ruger, tikka and remington. They have all been good, though the rem got turned into a custom pretty fast. Have you looked at seekins precision? I think they do left hand stuff.
Yep, same for me. Once I bought a lefty I loved it. After about a 15years I slowly forgot how bad a right hand hunting rifle sucked. So I bought one and quickly remembered. I do have a right handed son, so it will be his I guess.

What cartridge are you planning on? That can help narrow the search...

My next rifle was gonna be a Creedmoor or a 308. Somehow everything I have owned other than a 22 and a 35Rem has been a long or magnum action. I need something more fun and economical to shoot as well as deer hunting.

Yep, same for me. Once I bought a lefty I loved it. After about a 15years I slowly forgot how bad a right hand hunting rifle sucked. So I bought one and quickly remembered. I do have a right handed son, so it will be his I guess.

What cartridge are you planning on? That can help narrow the search...
I'm lh and left eye dominant... I still use both lh and rh rifles depending on the situation. I prefer lh, but not all rifles and chamberings are available lefty.

Look at the Blaser R8 system. Your choice of 40+ cartridges. You only change the barrel, bolt head and magazine insert. True left hand stock & bolt assembly, straight pull bolt and superb accuracy.

Look at the Blaser R8 system. Your choice of 40+ cartridges. You only change the barrel, bolt head and magazine insert. True left hand stock & bolt assembly, straight pull bolt and superb accuracy.
I appreciate the confidence in my earnings potential but even the most basic Blaser would never make it through my home's budget committee. It's a little rich for my paycheck.

1679489185028.jpeg

Obviously I don't know what you can or are willing to put into a rifle but don't be dismayed by the ultra expensive wood guns when a synthetic professional model can be had for much, much less.

Eurooptic just had a wood stocked Tikka T3 in 6.5 swede. Sold out quick in lefty. Look pretty nice though. Great do it all rig.