lefty ar-15

Wi whitetail

i'm interested in buying an ar-15 and found a new dpms upper with a 16" stainless fluted bull barrel for a little over 500 bucks. if anyone has had any experience with this company i would really appreceate your feedback and comments on whether this is worth the price, or worth even buying at all. i don't know much about ar's so any help is greatly appreceated.

thanks
wi whitetail

I shoot an AR-15, and I am left handed, there is no problem with brass hitting me since the rifle has the brass deflector. As far as I can tell, the DPMS Lefty version only has the ejection port on the left side - the controls are still for use with the right hand. A ambidextrous safety is a must, and there are ambi mag releases available. Just adding the ambi safety is enough, unless you have the need to do ultra fast reloads like in a 3-gun competition (I still manage to reload quickly during 3-gun competition with the regular mag release).

As far as quality, I have heard that they are ok.

Good Luck!

I think one of our esteemed members and fellow lefty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, Jeff in Texas just just picked up one of those rigs. Give Jeff a shout!!..sakofan.....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.