Lefty 6mmBR by MCR

str8shoot

Got this back from Kevin in June and figured I should show it off.
Started out as a lefty SPS varmint in 22-250.

Here's the specs:
Action fully blueprinted
Krieger 8" twist M24 contour 28''
Timney trigger
Bedded in HS precision stock
Atlas Bi-pod
Sightron SIII 6-24 scope with MOA2 reticle
Muscle brake (so I can see all the hits!)
.2704 neck (nice and snug no turn)
Bolt fluted
Tear drop bolt handle
Cerecoated graphite black
Rifle weighs 15lbs 13oz as pictured with scope and bipod

All work by Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles. Kevin was great to deal with and builds a hell of a rifle. I dealt with Kevin through e-mails for this build and he usually got back to me in a matter of hours. Work was completed in the exact time frame he stated.

This thing is a work of art and it shoots everything I've fed it. 105 Hybrids, 105 Vlds, and a few 80 fbs.

I'm shooting 30 gr Varget with a cci 450 behind the hybrids at 2815.

The Vlds are in front of H-4895 with br-4s. I have only been to the range twice with the VLDs. I'm hoping they will be more explosive on PDs and gophers than the Hybrids. I'm still tweaking my final load with VLDs I want them to match my hybrid POI, which so far they are pretty close out to 428 yards.

First target pic is 5 shots at 100 yards with the 105 Hybrid.

Second target pic is load development at 333 yards with the 105 Vld. I called misses on two of the three shots in lower left hand target (28.7gr). That tight little group in the lower right (28.8gr) showed slight ejector marks.
6br backyard bucks 023.jpg

6br backyard bucks 028.jpg

target 003.jpg

ts 002.jpg

I bought it when it was a 22-250 to try it a little, I really like it. I particularly like the thumbwheel adjustable comb. It handles the longer, heavier barrels nicely.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.