• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Left handed women...Geez. looking for rifle

Nobama

So there I was all happy, able to spend my money on just me..:)
Then I met her.. She's a lefty (of course) and wants to hunt with me (of course)
Does anybody have (or know of) a rifle, 6.5? that fits the bill?
I researched and found Savage makes an Accufit Storm in LH, but can't find one to even look at..
No Idea if any custom builders do this. I can't go wild on cost as a Handgun, shotgun are also needed (of course) Thanks.

sps comes in LH for some cartridges, might try looking at those
savage 111 trophy hnter xp, axis lh, axis ii lh
ruger am pred lh, hawkeye hunter lh
tikka t3x hunter and t3x lite have lh models
browning xbolt hunter has lh 6.5
or teach her how to shoot right handed i guess

check out the LOP on each also, sometimes you can find shorter LOP rifles that will suffice rather than a compact model

Buy a Savage LH in the action length needed, add a stock with appropriate LOP & Cheek piece/drop geometry and a pre-fit in the desired chambering (assuming it can't be bought that way).

FWIW I shoot RH bolt's LH'd. I don't think that I could shoot a LH bolt at all, I'd be massively confused. Well more than usual.....

Best bang for the buck is the Ruger American Predator in 6.5...comes with a threaded muzzle, adjustable trigger (down to 2.5-3lbs), detachable magazine & picatinney rail mount. Just add optics of choice, slightly adjust trigger and a muzzle-break (clearly this is optional but the rifle is light and it will make the shooting experience much more enjoyable). She will have a sub MOA platform with almost any factory ammo. I have one and it shoots on average .5" with Nosler Ballistic Tips 140gr. Have shot almost every factory round available and mine likes the previous mentioned ammo, cost per box can be as low as $22 a box on cheaperthandirt.com.

Should cost between $399-$450, can be found on various websites to include www.armslist.com, www.gunsinternational.com, Bud's, etc.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply's. All good. I have had her shoot my son's old (cut down) Rem. 243. She needs a higher cheek rest, tilting her head way to far. I bought a comb raising kit at BPS. to try it.
That Savage stock seems Nice, might be just a matter of time before they are plentiful.
She's left eye dominant, so she doesn't want to switch.
I will check out all of those suggestions. Thanks Guy's..

I know that battle lol but it's a good one.

I just finished up my 9 lb .338 NM build and had my wife get behind it to see how it feels. We are both left handed. She loved it, and immediately claimed it. So if I want to keep my rifle mine, I must build her one. So.....I have ordered the Manners EH-1 stock as she loved it on my build, and going to do something on a rem 700 long action lh for hunting.

I would just get an SPS LH rem 700 bdl, then get a cheap boyds with the LOP she needs and bed it. Won't be too terribly much invested and she can pick out the stock she wants to make it hers.

Or Gallery of Guns .com She had it shipped in from out of town and then I put a scope on it and adjusted it to fit her. My wife is also LH and I found her one in 7-08 at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Women's necks are typically longer, hence the need for a different stock. I bought my wife a Savage Lady Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. The stocks were made for women. The rifle has since been discontinued. You might google to find one.