• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

LEft hand Stiller 6.5-284

Aoudad shooter1975

The sheep and ibex come calling...selling my custom 6.5-284. This rifle has been thru a lot with me. It has taken quite a few nice whitetail bucks, one mule deer, 3 Aoudad rams,and one Desert sheep. This rifle is a shooting machine--I have shot mostly shot 140 berger s out of it but does very with with 143 ELD-X too.

Spec:
Stiller Tac 300
Brux 6.5 #2 contour 1-8 twist (approx 550-580 round count)
Timney trigger set at about 2.5 lbs
Hi-tech/Basner stock painted grey granite
Talley rings and bases
Huskemaw 5-20 LR with custom turret built for 140 berger@1000 feet(have original owners manual and disc)
I have brass I'll share--40-50 pieces--would like to hang on to as much as I could as I still have 1 6.5-284
8.7 lbs with mounts and scope...

$3000 plus the ride...or FTF in Texas I travel to DFW and Houston some--and Abilene/San Angelo time to time we might can work out..I live around Austin San Antonio...

Attachments

• IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    839.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    864.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2633.JPG
    IMG_2633.JPG
    682 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2635.JPG
    IMG_2635.JPG
    572 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I've had a few ask I'll separate the rifle..for rings bases and the rifle I'd take $2300 for the rifle...

I'd keep the scope...I didn't think I'd like the scope but it has grown on me the last 9 years...

But if you still want the scope and rifle it is 3k plus shipping

Last edited:
Please put that group in perspective. Is that at 100 yards? 1 MOA?

Sorry about that...about 3/4 MOA 100 yards..off bags..I can do better it is a 1/2 min gun..probably will do better than 90% can hold it...it will kill more than you can pay for...it did for me.

Is there any interest in splitting this package up anymore? I would be interested in the action or action & barrel. Also do you have any trade history any where else?
Thanks
Lefty Lucas

Here and accuratereloading, and Texas hunting forum,I have been a member there since 2005...I post as 505ed those two...I would be the same here but I guess someone had a similar name--so would not let me have it..I would take the scope off--but would not pull the stock off..if I parted it out--I would keep the action...you could buy it and part it out ;)... if you would like to talk PM me and I can give you my cell, a have traded and bought a few things on this site... this gun shoots very well--I have packed and hunted a lot with it, I have 3 more projects I'm finishing and have not pulled this rifle out since mid-2017..it is one of those rifles that puts the rounds down range when you need it. I took it to FTW ranch and shot it out to 1200 yards on steel and took a really nice mule deer buck at 430 yards on a fall 2016 trip with it. It a quality rifle that shoots--I have had a couple message me about the accuracy. I definitely would not have taken this rifle on some of my hunts (some were pretty expensive if that means anything) if it would not have been up to the test. If you are in the area and you can, I'll let you shoot it...I sold my last rifle on here to a member--took it out and shot it...I think he was pleased...last bump from me on the rifle.

Ed

Last edited:
I bought a rifle from Ed a few months ago. He was traveling through my area and I wanted to shoot it for accuracy before I bought it. It shot as well as he described, if not better. Ed is a helluva interesting and likeable guy. We ended up talking for a few hours after the purchase. It became obvious to me that he is also a very experienced and accomplished hunter, with personal connections with some heavy hitters in rifle building. I think you can be assured that any rifle he has had built was done to very high standards and does what he says it does. I'm very happy I bought his rifle.

Thanks for the post Sean. I enjoyed the visit too. I don't know about interesting... i'm not a naval aviator or anything like that! ;). (Happy belated Veterans Day--thanks for serving our country) Need to see some pics of that blooded 33 soon. Again Thank you for the time on the post and your recommendation.

Last edited: