• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Left Hand Custom 300RUM

• Thread starter Deleted member 17986
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17986

This lefthand 300 Remington Ultra Mag is built on a Rem. 700 LH trued action that is finished in gray Cerakote.
- Pacific Tool & Gauge spiral milled bolt with claw extractor, custom OD for close fit in action
- 29" stainless barrel by Krieger
- 4" extended magazine for full length loads
- factory Remington trigger re-worked, with 2-1/2 lb. pull
- 20 MOA Picatinny scope rail, bedded to action
- Choate Tactical stock with full length aluminum bedding block (small chip in front of bolt handle next to receiver, very slight and cosmetic only, exterior of stock looks great)

Very accurate and powerful, over 3000 FPS with 230 gr. bullet, last 3 shot group .26" @ 100 yards with minimal load development, could probably be improved. Less than 50 total rounds fired, 20 being barrel break-in. I will include the load data that I have worked up to this point.
IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg
IMG_1083.jpeg

Never hunted with this rifle, my health went in the tank and will never be able to use it, but hope someone will get some good out of it! New to LRH but am the same Burleyclay that is on eBay with 100% positive transactions with over 950 responses.

For sale at $1400.

I have Redding competition dies and components for this rifle for an additional $200 if interested.

Good questions, should have included them.

The barrel contour is the Remington Varmint contour, the twist is 1 in 8.

I have been a machinist for years and for a while had a gun shop building rifles for the folks of central Idaho. I built this rifle for myself during that time. Shortly after I was offered a job as head machinist at a company that rebuilt vintage radial aircraft engines and I couldn't pass up the opportunity, so the gunsmithing business came to and end.

The weight of the rifle as shown is 11-1/2 lbs.

Recent Posts