Left Eye Dominant, right handed shooter

An interesting twist, I'm naturally right handed. Became left eye dominant after getting kicked by a horse. I was shooting left handed with rifles and shotguns by the time I was 10 or 12. Pistols I wore on my right hip and fired right handed. Jump ahead about 30 years. First swat op we are actually video taping. Dynamic entry, hostage breaks away from the suspect he flees into large warehouse/office area.
Good containment, every K9 in three counties is busy so we go slow and deliberate, finally find the guy. Time talk tactics, drop a little gas on him, then a little more, couple flashbangs and it's over. Point being that as we closed in on the suspect, things got pretty intense, my pistol shifted to my left hand and stayed there. One of the guys picked up on it during the debrief. Started looking for it after that. Didn't always happen, hair on the back of your neck type of calls.

I'm all messed up....right eye dominate, but left handed. On the bench I shoot rifles and handguns left-handed. Standing I shoot everything right-handed.

My son is right handed but left eye dominant - I am left handed but right eye dominat...after scoping myself as a young kid I taught myself to shoot right handed. I discovered my son was left eye dominant at an early age, i just started him out shooting left handed...its easier to just roll with your dominant eye.

Hi, I would like to know if anyone else has ran into a very strange problem Im having. Im left eye dominant but shoot right handed ( I can shoot left but prefer right) and after installing my new scope and scope level that is leveled to the top turret, I found that the crosshairs are canted from the right to the left (the right is higher) And I only see this when I shoot "righty", but when I switch to left handed the crosshairs appear to be perfectly level when my scope level says they are. but shooting right handed "level" on the scope level looks canted about half the width of the .5 mil heavy duplex

Has anyone else experienced this?
Is this just an issue with my perception of the reticle and its my brain that cant get it right? Or will I have cant issues because my reticle isnt "level" to my right handed left eye dominant perception?

Ive "shot the box" going off of the scope level and it tracks vertically fine out to the 300yds ive tested it, but say I am getting cant error, if its 5 degrees (it doesnt seem that much) i would be .3 off at 300 yds, so less than 1moa off in the direction of the cant and since my rifle on its absolute best day ( and mine) groups just under 1moa its really hard to tell if im getting a .2 mil cant error at 300yd, I will be doing some long range stuff pretty soon so I will find out then but id llike to hear peoples thoughts or similar experiances so maybe I can save some time, money and headache trying to figure it out.

I am left eye dominate and right-handed. I shoot RH bolt rifles with custom carved thumb hole stocks, that I buy with the blank rough fitted to the model number for my rifle & go from there.
I add a cant indicator bubble between the scope mounts where I can see it with my right eye. After some practice- I only check the bubble once on a while now. There is usually something vertical to check against in the scope picture.
I've tried a LH rifle & I didn't like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.