Lee Ultimate rifle die set

will I see it shooting targets and game at 300-400 yards?
Doubt it, especially not at first. The places to spend money up front are the scale, press, and calipers - those are one-time investments that will last you a lot longer than any particular set of dies. The Lee die set will get you started, and parts of the set (collet and crimp) will be something you can use even after you change out the FL and seating dies for something else. But a scale is something you only need one of, so if you buy a cheap one it's money wasted when the time comes to upgrade. To me, those three things - scale, press, and measuring tools - are buy once- cry once. Get something good up front - A Rockchucker or Rebel press, a Chargemaster scale, and Mitutoyo calipers, and you're set for a long time. Upgrading a $20 sizing die isn't much of a sunk cost compared to upgrading a $250 scale.

Good advice from the Texan. My Rock Chucker press, bought new the first year of production. 1967. Still using it . Loaded ammo today with it. Works every bit as good now as when new.

I'd suggest first a Lee Full Body die to start. Be very careful to avoid shoulder push-back! Then Lee Collet Dies on all reloads. Never push shoulder back more than .002 in.! I shoot out to 1000 yds with no problems doing this! I see no reason to use other brand or type dies!