lee press

I have been using the Classic press Classic Cast Press - Lee Precision
for a couple of years now and am really liking it.The press is big,powerful,handle is adjustable and easy to work with.I like the fact that when resizing cases,the primers fall into a tube instead of a tray,making it a much cleaner operation.It's a big improvement over my old RCBS JR press and it's made in the USA.

Lee presses are all I use. I have been using my turret press for almost 10 years and it still works great. I also have a Challenger single stage and a smaller Lee single stage. All work well. Why spend more money when you are mostly just paying for the name?

Lee is always my first choice.

If you are thinking of the little single stage press that cost around 30 dollars and using it as your primary press, I would save my money for the classic casts. Its just too small for big cartridge sizing. I am waiting on one for a portable set up, I'm just going to size and prime on my coax and use the little press at the range for seating.

I have a classic cast and a challenger both are good. The challenger is a little tight when seating 175 grn pills in 7rem mag. So, I use the challenger for decapping and the classic cast for sizing, pulling and seating.

I have used 2 lee press's for years, the c press for sizing cast bullets and for when decapping and some sizing and a lee breech lock for every thing else. I recommend the breech lock for ease of use changing dies. I have not had any problems with the press's what so ever, but I don't reload as much as other guys, maybe a couple hundred rounds a year in different calibers.

The Classic Cast is #1 out of the Lee presses. If you buy this one, you will be very happy.

I have a challenger. It won't disappoint. Love mine. Bang for the buck is top shelf. It's smooth, reliable and the catch tube for primers makes cleanup a snap.

Get the LEE Classic Cast press and you will be happy you did. It's the best deal for a cast press made in the USA.

I suggest you also look at the Lee 4-hole turret press. I don't use the progressive load feature, but it is very convenient to set-up up to 4 dies (almost always enough!) for each caliber on it's own dedicated single 4-hole turret plate. Then you just pop in a turret plate and appropriate shell-holder for a caliber and you're ready to go. To switch dies (eg from resizing to seating) you just rotate the turret plate. Again very convenient! Turret and die registration via detents is very repeatable. Works great for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.