Lee Handloader - interesting results

tlk

Bought a Lee handloader for non-bench loading. What I found is that it is giving me on average .002 runout. My RCBS on the bench gives me an average of .004. A good number of the loads on the Lee are less than .001. I find this kind of odd. Anyone know why this would be? With both presses I am just screwing a Forster die into it, setting the micrometer and loading bullets.

Bought a Lee handloader for non-bench loading. What I found is that it is giving me on average .002 runout. My RCBS on the bench gives me an average of .004. A good number of the loads on the Lee are less than .001. I find this kind of odd. Anyone know why this would be? With both presses I am just screwing a Forster die into it, setting the micrometer and loading bullets.

TLK, I agree with you that the Lee Handloader press is an excellent press. The design is also beter than other handloading presses. I specifically like the fact that the spend primers are collected in the shaft. Other presses eject it at the side of the shaft. Since primer compound is also "scabby" which could affect the tightness of the shaft which in itself will affect accuracy. 10/10 for the Lee Handloader.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.