Leapers ... Anybody use them? Know anything What do you think?

superlite17

I guess i am opening myself up to scathing remarks, but cheaperthandirt.com sells a lot of scopes and THESE are the highest rated. Are they decent? Look to be good quality build?

Thanks ALL!

I have a leapers scope on a magnum spring air rifle.

A friend has 2-3 of them for the price they are a bargain.One on an 22-250.
A spring air rifle has forward and rearward recoil -it takes a very tough scope to handle that -my little bug-buster model has withstood 2500 shots so far.I'm on my third set of scope mounts but the leapers is still going strong.
The 3x12 44mm is very nice and has crystal clear glass,better than my 3x9 bushnell 3200 elite.
Another good scope is a swift i have one on my cz 17hmr -4.5x14-44 mil-dot.They are a bargain at $175.
Mueller is supposedly even better than the swift -but no expierence w/them.--Mike

Some years ago, tempted by the price, I decided to try one, especially since it was a very small size and variable...

Well...to say that it was crap is not a fair statement...they are worst.

On the other hand, the price I paid for it, was so low that my hard feelings went into oblivion real fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Only their top of the line scopes are good -their golden image and 5th gen. scopes are turds.

The accushots are the good ones.
I bought a 6x mini at a pawn shop for $25 thinking it would be OK --worth $2.50-maybe...

I have a 8x32x56 that has worked great for the price. It's on a 270 win and the scope has endured 600 plus rounds with no issues. I bought it for the fact of mil dot along with lockable and rezeroable turents also side focus. seemed to be a hude bang for the bucks. no issues so far!

I use a Leapers 6X mil dot scope for aiming my Impulse 2K rangefinder. It's the most compact and lightest 1" 6x I could find. The optics are decent. It's so called mil-dot reticle isn't even even close to being calibrated in milliradians.

For a "Best Buy" long range scope consider the Bushnell 3200 Mil Dot 10X40 scopes.
Pros
clear optics
well calibrated large target knobs
correct Mil Dot reticle
90 MOA windage and elevation range
fast diopter adjustment
under 1 lb
waterproof with good coatings
Japanese made with good mechanical qualtiy.
$180 for new ones on Ebay

Cons
no parallax adjust (it's not a benchrest scope).

I use this scope on several ARs and light bolt action rifles. The large range of elevation makes it good for long range and subsonics.

For a better scope with parallax adjustment, more elevation adjustment (140moa) and similar features I recommend the Leupold Mk 4 16x40 for $1200.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.