Leade length on 30-06AI

It depends on what reamer the smith has. If your wanting somthing longer then he can lengthin the throat but typicaly if their is a specific lead or throat that yu want you'll have to special order that reamer?

what is it your looking for

I'm sure you have your reason , but I have to ask whay you need so much bullet contact ?
If you have ever tried to pull the bullets from factory loaded round that has been crimped and one that has been properly neck sized only half the way the factory bullet will typicaly come out alot easier.
Neck sizing your cases only 1/2-3/4 of the way will usualy give you a little better accuracy because the neck is helping to hold the case in alignemnt. You can adjust you neck tension by either using a bushing die and getting smaller bushings or by polishing down the expander ball or your die. I personaly have found that the Lee collet dies are great for accuracy sake and you can get a couple extra neck mandrels and turn them to differant sizes to adjust neck tension

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts