• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Lead free bullets .224

DGWJR

Looking for lead free bullets in .224 50-55 grain Barnes, Nosler, or Hornady.

Check out the 44 gr Hammer Hunters. They will stabilize in a 12" twist. My 6 year old son killed his first deer and first hog with them in the last 3 weeks. They performed great.

Last edited:
Check out the 44 gr Hammer Hunters. They will stabilize in a 12" twist. My 6 year old son killed his first deer and first hog with them in the last 3 weeks. They preformed great.
Thanks for the info. I see they also have 52s have you tried these? I've got an old Rem 788 that I'm trying to work up a good load for. Thanks

No. I have not tried the 52s. I gave them a call & they recommended the 44 gr for my son's rifle's 12" twist. I've been very impressed with them.

I've got a couple possible leads what do you have? Thanks Dennis

Hello Dennis, This is a guess, as I just moved here to Arizona 3 weeks ago and all my loading equiptment and bullets are still packed (and labeled!!) but i can open boxes to get what you may want.....I have 6/50rd. boxes of Barnes 55gr. TTSX (possibly mor)....... also have quite a bit of Sierra and Nosler as well.......Varias wts. 40gr. 50gr 52/53gr 55gr. on up to 77gr. (223) If you have specifics in mind,I'll look for just that. I have alot of calibers & wts. as well and will help you and (others) out as best I can. Scott

Hey Scott, thanks for the reply I've got a member here that has some 55 grain Barnes tsx takeoffs. He's supposed to get back to me around the 3rd or 4th. Then another member on 24 hour campfire has some varmint grenades. But if stuff falls through I'd be interested in the Barnes 55 grain ttsx. Thanks again. Dennis