Lead free bullet compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another another lead-free/copper mono bullet manufacturer that just came online recently.
www.McGuireBallistics.com. I know the owner has put a lot of effort into these bullets and they have performed for me. Take a look and read about his story.
Excellent! It is about time a CA bullet-maker responded to their demand. Thanks for sharing.

Ed

Last edited:
I wonder if any of them have a satisfaction guaranteed or your money back policy?

Oh yeah, Hammer Bullets does.

We build our bullets with one specific goal. Terminal performance. Everything else is secondary. We will not sacrifice terminal performance for higher bc, less expensive material, faster production, nothing.

Our patented PDR drive band design solved the copper bullet dilemma. Copper bullets are notorious for poor accuracy in loose bore rifles and excessive pressure in tight bore rifles. Our radius drive band design solves these issues without limiting your seating depth options. With that we see less pressure than conventional lead core bullets resulting in higher velocity potential and less copper fouling than jacketed bullets. In fact we rarely see any copper fouling.

Our bullets will work at high velocity impacts and are all tested down to 1800 fps impacts for full deformation. Not just a little deformation like many other copper bullet manufacturers.

Then we see inherent accuracy resulting from our PDR drive band technology. Along with machining tolerance higher than anyone. We hold a 2 ten thousandths in bullet diameter and concentricity. That's .0002".

Thanks @FEENIX for including us in your list, giving me the opportunity to talk about our principles in bullet manufacturing and bullet performance.

I wonder if any of them have a satisfaction guaranteed or your money back policy?

We build our bullets with one specific goal. Terminal performance. Everything else is secondary. We will not sacrifice terminal performance for higher bc, less expensive material, faster production, nothing.

Our patented PDR drive band design solved the copper bullet dilemma. Copper bullets are notorious for poor accuracy in loose bore rifles and excessive pressure in tight bore rifles. Our radius drive band design solves these issues without limiting your seating depth options. With that we see less pressure than conventional lead core bullets resulting in higher velocity potential and less copper fouling than jacketed bullets. In fact we rarely see any copper fouling.

Our bullets will work at high velocity impacts and are all tested down to 1800 fps impacts for full deformation. Not just a little deformation like many other copper bullet manufacturers.

Then we see inherent accuracy resulting from our PDR drive band technology. Along with machining tolerance higher than anyone. We hold a 2 ten thousandths in bullet diameter and concentricity. That's .0002".

Thanks @FEENIX for including us in your list, giving me the opportunity to talk about our principles in bullet manufacturing and bullet performance.
I seriously doubt they have any such guarantee

No, I think the market is speaking in a couple ways. First, there's only 1 state that mandates lead free to my knowledge. And while a large state with a large population, I'd wager it's a small percent of hunters in the country. Hunters are choosing on their own to go copper, some to be lead free, some because of superior terminal performance, penetration. Some of it is you can easily buy these small companies bullets. Hornady etc, not as much. Some people prefer to support a small business over a mega corp.
Some people really like options and innovation.
There are other states that require lead free bullets on some game. I know Arizona has certain elk and deer hunts where non lead is required. Ca. Has a very big population of hunters and gun owners, people think all of Ca. is liberal non-gun but in reality only the SF/Berkely/San Jose area and LA are are liberal the other parts of the state are very conservative.

There are other states that require lead free bullets on some game. I know Arizona has certain elk and deer hunts where non lead is required. Ca. Has a very big population of hunters and gun owners, people think all of Ca. is liberal non-gun but in reality only the SF/Berkely/San Jose area and LA are are liberal the other parts of the state are very conservative.
Sad but true. My wife and I's family in CA are all conservative and live mainly in Fairfield/Vacaville/ Sacramento area, Ventura County, Redlands, etc.

I'm only about 25 miles from Vacaville, just across and up river a bit. About 40 miles from Sacramento.
I was born in North Island, Coronado (Dad was USN retired) but grew up all over. My home of record is Fairfield (USAF retired. I left CA after my first duty assignment at George AFB in Adelanto/Victorville (1987-89) and never looked back. Thanks to the USAF, it took me worldwide and to other states, and I ended up at Malmstrom AFB here in MT as my last duty assignment in 2003.

California has a huge gun owner population, LA Riots secured that. I read somewhere that California has more small arms then many nation's military. I searched but couldn't find that list. Anywoo I've posted how at one time Cali was a sportman's/ firearms paradise. I'd walk into armories filled with goodies at unreal prices. How times have changed.

I'd agree with seeing a cross section of the McGuire Ballistics bullets. It seems to me they possibly made a hollow point plug and then swagged the bullet to final form. Since they live in California they have a large supply of pigs/ wild boar to test on. Many great firearm's products have come from California.

I seriously doubt they have any such guarantee
Great, another attempt to make it a Hammer bullet thread - it's getting old. 😡

If you have nothing constructive to add, please leave it alone. I do not think it is an unreasonable request, esp. now that one of the manufacturer listed is a site Sponsor. You guys already know what happened to the other thread that got locked.

If you have nothing constructive to add, please leave it alone. I do not think it is an unreasonable request, esp. now that one of the manufacturer listed is a site Sponsor. You guys already know what happened to the other thread that got locked.
There is no attempt at anything, asking a legitimate question so that I can synthesize all the information avalible so that I can make the best choice in bullet selection

Finally, you have unprovoked attack on anything Hammer Bullets so much I think you have a mental problem. Steve asked a legitimate question.

It's pretty obvious attempt to shut down FEENIX. The other thread got shutdown real quick. It's pretty obvious to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.