Lead free bullet compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

^^^ Click above for article. ^^^

Another barrage hot off the deceptive MSM press.

Enjoy the freedom of choice while you can.

The lefties want to get rid of all bullets. They are just starting with the lead ones. Is this the reason we might be seeing so many mono manufactures - a way to live on borrowed time?

Same thing that happened when the EPA regulated the removal of 2 stroke engines - that killed Evinrude even through they had a clean 2 stroke. Now all gas engines are being phased out for electric.

Last edited:
Last edited:
To many choices, can't we just go back to like four manufacturers, I must be getting old. The worst part is being in Oregon the mono Cali problem is going to come our way.
No, I think the market is speaking in a couple ways. First, there's only 1 state that mandates lead free to my knowledge. And while a large state with a large population, I'd wager it's a small percent of hunters in the country. Hunters are choosing on their own to go copper, some to be lead free, some because of superior terminal performance, penetration. Some of it is you can easily buy these small companies bullets. Hornady etc, not as much. Some people prefer to support a small business over a mega corp.
Some people really like options and innovation.

The lefties want to get rid of all bullets. They are just starting with the lead ones. Is the reason we might be seeing so many mono manufactures - a way to live on borrowed time?

Same thing that happened when the EPA regulated the removal of 2 stroke engines - that killed Evinrude even through they had a clean 2 stroke. Now all gas engines are being phased out for electric.
Someone should tell my brand new Tohatsu 2 stroke it doesn't exist. Sure seems to be there on the back of my boat.

As far as all the new mono manufacturers, I think it's because mono's are a LOT easier to make on a CNC lathe, require less tooling and a lot less startup capital than jacketed lead bullets. This allows anyone with a bit of seed money or the ability to get an SBA loan to get into the bullet game. It also means it'll be a hell of a lot harder for the government to ever come after bullets. Between that and all the people making actions, both bolt and gas gun, and that anyone can theoretically do it with a cnc mill and some open source files, it's the decentralizing of firearms(the defense distributed 0% lower comes to mind). It makes gun control impossible. Now we just need to figure out powder and primers.

No, I think the market is speaking in a couple ways. First, there's only 1 state that mandates lead free to my knowledge. And while a large state with a large population, I'd wager it's a small percent of hunters in the country. Hunters are choosing on their own to go copper, some to be lead free, some because of superior terminal performance, penetration. Some of it is you can easily buy these small companies bullets. Hornady etc, not as much. Some people prefer to support a small business over a mega corp.
Some people really like options and innovation.
Well said, Sir! Your last sentence summed it up for me.

Someone should tell my brand new Tohatsu 2 stroke it doesn't exist. Sure seems to be there on the back of my boat.

As far as all the new mono manufacturers, I think it's because mono's are a LOT easier to make on a CNC lathe, require less tooling and a lot less startup capital than jacketed lead bullets. This allows anyone with a bit of seed money or the ability to get an SBA loan to get into the bullet game. It also means it'll be a hell of a lot harder for the government to ever come after bullets. Between that and all the people making actions, both bolt and gas gun, and that anyone can theoretically do it with a cnc mill and some open source files, it's the decentralizing of firearms(the defense distributed 0% lower comes to mind). It makes gun control impossible. Now we just need to figure out powder and primers.
The Chinese figured out gunpowder in the 9th Century! And primers...I think were first called...Flints! It's nice to have innovations and options!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.