LE Wilson Die Gunsmith / machinist needed

Hello WAHOOYAHO,

I've opened up Wilson seating dies from 300 WSM to a modified wild cat of that case with no problem as well as a .284 Win. to a 284 Shehane case again no problem. If you have or want to rent the reamer, I'm north of San Antonio and believe I can do it for you while you wait if you are close enough to stop by. Just need to set up a time when my machine is open. Once we talk should have a better idea for sure.

jaclthr

Thank You Jaclthr! I have had a couple of offers to help me out. You guys are fantastic!
To answer a couple of PMs and posts, the LE Wilson die allows me to use an arbor press to seat bullets. In Texas, there is no public land to shoot on. When doing load development, many trips to the range are required which is costly and time consuming. So I seat the bullets long and go to shoot. I can use the arbor press to adjust seating depth and when I find a sweet spot, seat 3-5 more for validation and be done.

I cut my own 7-08ai Wilson die like you are requesting

Honestly, they are a pain to get indicated because they are so short and you have to build a fixture to do it, to have two contacts.

Some folks might just chuck it in a 3 or 6 jaw tru center and call it good. It might be, it might not be.

If you get someone to do it, you know the going rate of a chamber job...that's what it should cost ya if it's done right. Most smith's don't want to tell you that it's going to cost that much and **** you off so it's easier to say I'm busy too.

I have tried, futilely for a couple of months to find someone to cut an L.E. Wilson seater die blank for me. I have the die and the instructions are very straightforward, but I can't find anyone who has a 7 Max reemer that will chuck it up and cut this die. So I will rent a reamer from Rich Sherman if I can find someone to cut the die for me.
This blank is NOT hardened. Sizing dies are hardened, but after they are cut. This is a seating die. Does anyone have any advice?
You might try Whidden Gun works in Georgia. They manufacture their own line of dies. They possibly could help.

I read the post several times and I need new glasses, but what wildcat cartridge are you making? Is it a "One of a Kind" and only you will be shooting it? If your gunsmith already reamed your barrel why can't he just help you and ream out a die set for you. The company that made your reamer has all the specks, give the specks to a die maker. Just can't see why you gunsmith can't do it or the company the made your reamer. There has to be something more to this story if you have been to several gunsmiths and reamer manufactures. Who designed the cartridge? Is it possible that everyone you went to thinks that this is an unsafe cartridge - I am not saying that. I don't even know the bullet diameter or case size. Wish and would like to help out.
Thanks
Len

I read the post several times and I need new glasses, but what wildcat cartridge are you making? Is it a "One of a Kind" and only you will be shooting it? If your gunsmith already reamed your barrel why can't he just help you and ream out a die set for you. The company that made your reamer has all the specks, give the specks to a die maker. Just can't see why you gunsmith can't do it or the company the made your reamer. There has to be something more to this story if you have been to several gunsmiths and reamer manufactures. Who designed the cartridge? Is it possible that everyone you went to thinks that this is an unsafe cartridge - I am not saying that. I don't even know the bullet diameter or case size. Wish and would like to help out.
Thanks
Len
It's the o.p. original statement. 7 max by Rich Sherman.

Different kind of die...I've tried almost all of them and that Wilson seating die with an arbor press will give you the most consistent OAL BTO of any that I've found.

Plus, the portability of an arbor press and these dies cannot be matched.

Rich does have the reamers and he rents them. Just had a 6.5 MAX built. Got a 6.5 bullet seater blank from LE Wilson and had my smith chamber the barrel and seater die as part of the same job. Easy peasy.