Lazzeroni Patriot vs. .284 Winchester

I used to avoid single shots like a one legged call girl.

t

Don't knock it til you try it :D

That's still a full grain and a half above the max load in my Patriot. I just looked, 67.0. Of course my load utilized a Barnes which may be the difference. which primer are you using?

T

I've had interesting experience with the TTSX's vs E-Tips with RL17 in my Finnlight 300 WSM. When working up loads for both, The TTSX's max'd out @ 65.5 gr with an MV of 3070 and the 180 E-Tips max'd out @ 67.5 gr with an MV of 3200. I would have guessed the opposite of course. You would think that the lighter TTSX's with softer copper and groves would have allowed for more powder and velocity than the E-Tips. That said, Ive read other reports of guys getting much better results with the 168 TTSX in their 300 WSM's including one member here getting 3400+.

As a side note, I was able to run 210 Bergers up to 67 gr and 2930 with no signs of pressure. I didn't take them any farther.

Don't knock it til you try it :D

I've had interesting experience with the TTSX's vs E-Tips with RL17 in my Finnlight 300 WSM. When working up loads for both, The TTSX's max'd out @ 65.5 gr with an MV of 3070 and the 180 E-Tips max'd out @ 67.5 gr with an MV of 3200. I would have guessed the opposite of course. You would think that the lighter TTSX's with softer copper and groves would have allowed for more powder and velocity than the E-Tips. That said, Ive read other reports of guys getting much better results with the 168 TTSX in their 300 WSM's including one member here getting 3400+.

As a side note, I was able to run 210 Bergers up to 67 gr and 2930 with no signs of pressure. I didn't take them any farther.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on that :D

In the Patriot I am in that 3400 range. 3440 IIRC, recoil is pretty stout at that velocity though.

Interesting data with the 210's, I was afraid I wouldn't have enough powder capacity to launch them at a usable velocity. I have a couple of boxes of 190's I am going to play with but I don't know if I will use RL-17 or not (I'm just about out).

t

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on that :D

In the Patriot I am in that 3400 range. 3440 IIRC, recoil is pretty stout at that velocity though.

Interesting data with the 210's, I was afraid I wouldn't have enough powder capacity to launch them at a usable velocity. I have a couple of boxes of 190's I am going to play with but I don't know if I will use RL-17 or not (I'm just about out).

t

After reading Broz' results with the 215's, the 210's have become obsolete IMO. Shorter bearing surface and higher velocities. I might try them for kicks in the new RUM.

If you're running out of 17, I have plenty and it looks like I might not need it for any of my current on line rifles depending on load development with other powders. The only real candidates are the 6.5 WSM and the 6-284. So if you're ever swinging through or know someone swinging through I can easily part with a couple pounds if you can't find any.

After reading Broz' results with the 215's, the 210's have become obsolete IMO. Shorter bearing surface and higher velocities. I might try them for kicks in the new RUM.

If you're running out of 17, I have plenty and it looks like I might not need it for any of my current on line rifles depending on load development with other powders. The only real candidates are the 6.5 WSM and the 6-284. So if you're ever swinging through or know someone swinging through I can easily part with a couple pounds if you can't find any.

I completely agree about the the 215's vs the 210's. In the RUM I would probably lean towards the 230's but I wouldn't hesitate to test the 215's.

I appreciate your offer & may very well take you up on it.

t

I completely agree about the the 215's vs the 210's. In the RUM I would probably lean towards the 230's but I wouldn't hesitate to test the 215's.

I appreciate your offer & may very well take you up on it.

t

I'm definitely trying the 230's along with 180 and 200 gr CEB's, but in the 10 twist, they show a 1.3 SF for worse case conditions. the CEB 200's are also on the stability edge. Wishin I had opted for the 9 twist.

Give me some notice if you can as I am sometimes out of town for work. We''ll get you hooked up.

but let there not be confusion ,,,,,,,

the fed 210s are perfect for the Lazzeroni AND other SHORT magnums only,,,,,,,

when you move up to the LONG RUMs and Long magnum Lazzeroni's ,,, FED 215 ONLY please ! ,,,,,,,,,

I sure wish Nosler would get on the ball and get the rest of the line produced in the long range Accubond series of bullets. I believe this will give Berger some stiff competition. I do have a Lazz rifle in 7mm and it digest the Barnes quite well. Shoots the soft thin jacket stuff like sh!t,,

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.