lazzeroni cases

paulmoney

anyone have any experience with the warbird or firebird cases I was thinkingon buildin long range deer gun and am torn between the lazzeroni cases andthe rem ultra mag ,please let me know your input.
thanks
paul

I would bag that Lazz idea. Most their brass is in the neighborhood of $45 for 20 pieces and it is not worth 1/4 that price. And not much advantage is gained with those overbore cartridges unless you plan to shoot very heavy bullets from a very, very long barrel. Just my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have played around with the 8.59 Titan. All in all it was a cool round, but, brass sucked and was very expensive to boot as has been mentioned. If all you want is the hottest 30 cal....then go for it, or go with a wildcat such as the 30-338 Lapua improved, or the factory 30-378. Those are all pretty hot 30's.

If a little more practical is the idea then the 300 RUM is a notch below the warbird, but there is some good brass out there and it can be built on a 700 action with less issues.

paul,

Welcome aboard.

Not to confuse you, without knowing your longrange experience and going from what is in your post I'd say first that being pulled in only two directions (Laz or RUM) just isn't enough. At least 3 or more directions would be more fun. Hey, if you're in the dream stage why not dream big!

Next I'd agree w/Goodgrouper.

Finally I'd throw another cartridge(s) into the decision making. These cartridges have all of the coolness to strut around the range with just a touch of arrogance, incorporated into one of the cartridge designer's rifles (you mentioned building) and with the bullet for which the cartridge is designed (169-195 or 200gr ULD), the ability for deer, out towards 1500 yds.

Put the 270 or 277 or 7MM Allen Magnums into your cartridge consideration and evaluate them against the Laz or RUM (7 or 300) and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Just my tho'ts, hope this helps....

I'm sure you'll enjoy the results of which ever cartridge and rifle you select.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.