Lawton 7000s - Surgeon RSR, weight question

Fumedo

Hi

I need to choose between the RSR WSM action and the 7000s for a new rifle. I want to use it as a carry-varmint rifle, so I'm concerned about the weight. Now when ich compare the RSR WSM and the 7000s, the surgeon weighs 1.85# and the lawton 1.6#. But when i look at both actions i would think the 7000s would weigh more because the opening port ist much smaller than the surgeon's. And the rest should be nearly identical, because both are 700 clones? So how come the surgeon weighs 0.25# more? Or are the specs on their sites wrong or did they weigh more or less parts on one or the other. I somehow would prefer the RSR action because i think it looks better :rolleyes:, but the 0.25# extra weight kinda bothers me.

Would be great if you could give me some advice...

Greetings Paul

I have owned 3 Lawtons. The first 2 actions were good just took 6 months longer than what they said the delevery would be. The last action took 9 months and they said two months. Quality was bad, I ended up replacing the bolt body from Dave Kiff. They told me everything I wanted to here while getting c.c. number but did'nt follow through with what they said

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.