Laupua - 300 WM

Sorry Tom,

but there's nothing in the works on a 300 WM case. Bad info, if someone told you there was. It's been discussed, most recently at the SHOT show, and will be again in a few weeks at the IWA show, but there's a lot of other things on the burners ahead of anything like this.

Sorry 'bout that!

The 260 is a fact, has been formally introduced (at the SHOT show, there's a video clip available on 6mmBR.com). The first shipment is somewhere between Finland and the US East coast as we speak. Barring intercession by U-boats, Somali pirates or sea monsters, it'll be here in a few weeks.

Hang on, it's coming!

I'm giddy with excitement ! But then I remember I live in the uk and realise I'll be lucky to see any this year !

Don't worry about the u boats , the royal navy sunk them all after we recovered the enigma machine.

Somali pirates can be dealt with by the judicious application of HMG fire .

Sea monsters , I'm afraid your on your own!

Kevin,
What I want to know is when is the 300 RUM or 338 EDGE Lapua brass coming out ?

Don't worry about the u boats , the royal navy sunk them all after we recovered the enigma machine.

Ah, the U-110, and with all due kudos to the intrepid crew of the HMS Bulldog, if memory serves correctly. And by the way, apologies for that Hollywood abomination, "U-571" while we're at it. Some of us over here, at least those with some appreciation for history, were as appalled with that one as you guys probably were. We captured an Enigma as well, but much later in the war. June 5th, 1944, from the U-505 off the coast of N. Africa. Been on board that boat, and it now resides in the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. One of the very few decent reasons to visit that city, I might add. Yeah, I'm a WWII sub buff and history fanatic.

Give me a shout if the 260s don't turn up in due time. I don't deal with the UK, but I can ask the folks who do, no problem.

TrueBlue,

sorry, don't have any good news for you here, either. Afraid these two havent even gotten to the discussion stage yet. Be happy to pass them along, but there's nothing happening with them in the foreseeable future.

just a bit of tongue in cheek sport kevin ! I'm not a sub fan but i am a fan of history (except the bits where england lose due to stupidity like the gallipoli campaign)

I can't wait to get 260 brass by lapua , just need to convince them that 300rum is a good idea as well ?

and while i'm on it , i wonder could i convince hornady to make 260rem tap ammo that would be very cool? oh and why not a 300 rum tap round using the 208 amax?

Russ

Didn't Lapua used to make 300 WM brass? I'm pretty sure they did.

Why are they dragging their feet on it?

Tom

Tom,

No, actually, we never did. I believe we loaded some 300 WM ammo that was headstamped Lapua, but the brass itself was made by Norma. Decent brass, but not quite the quality we would require were we to offer it as a production item for our own line. So, if you do find some 300 WM brass out there with our headstamp on it, that's the story behind the scenes. Sorry!

Russ,

recently took my girlfriend to the National Winston Churchill Museum, which is only about an hour away from me here in Missouri. Galipoli notwithstanding, he was quite a guy. Truly one of the real giants of the 20th century, and the man that England desperately needed after Chamberlain. Wickedly sharp sense of humor, too. The girlfriend loved it, we had a great time.

churchill single handedly brought england back from disaster pretty much , also he drunk champagne , smoked cigars and could be rather irracible , i hold him as a splendid role model !

look up some of his quips on the internet , he really was a legendary wit.

They had a complete collection of said quips in the bookstore there in the museum. Quite a place. The museum itself is housed in a church which was heavily damaged during the blitz. It was painstakingly dissasembled, stone by stone and transported to the Westminster college campus here in Fullton, MO, where it was reassembled (kinda like a giant 3D jigsaw puzzle) and completely renovated. It was here in this rebuilt church that Winston gave his famous "Iron Curtain" speech in the mid 1950's. They had a complete recreation of his study, along with his collection of books. Wow, what an incredibly prolific writer.

You guys had Winston . . . we had FDR. Somehow, I feel we got shortchanged on that acount!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.