Latest gen razor 85mm spotters ve previous gen

The Oregonian

Not likely in a position to see them side by side so wanted to know if anyone had any experience or thoughts on how much difference there is between the two.

The older gen are pretty cheap right now as the dealers blow out the old stock and just curious whether the newer ones are a significant or slight improvement.

Thx

I've used both and optically they were the same to me. I think the older models were a better build and had better focusing capabilities, they were lighter also. If I were in the market for one it would most definitely be the older version for all the reasons above plus they are a hell of a lot cheaper. The only thing you gotta do when you get it is to add locktite to the three screws on the back of the eyepiece before you install it on the scope body. They were prone to backing out and giving problems with the magnification ring. As long as they are tight it should work great!

Last edited:
Yep, for the money the old model is where it's at. Same quality of glass, but lighter. The new one does look more like a swaro, i think that's why they cost more lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.