Last minute Wyoming advice.

bocajnala

Leaving tomorrow for the 24 hour drive to Wyoming.

Any last minute advice for a first time antelope hunter?

I have several paper maps and the onx app. Hoping that gets us enough public Access to find some goats.

-Jake

After thinking about this, I thought I'd add, if you find where they are at before dark, they will be there in the morning. They do not move at night like deer or elk.

Are there any places in the area that will do a euro mount for me there? And ship it out or have it done in a couple days?

I'm taking everything I need to process myself. Including a freezer.

Four of us are going

Are there any places in the area that will do a euro mount for me there? And ship it out or have it done in a couple days?

I'm taking everything I need to process myself. Including a freezer.

Four of us are going

I'd consider doing the euro mount yourself. There was an easy to follow set of instructions in Field&Stream a while back and I'm sure there are some online. Just skin and salt the head til you get it home. Scoop the rest of the goodies out and it's ready for a bleach water boil to remove most of the rest. Comes out looking pro.

Another thing... be ready for some hellacious winds almost guaranteed.

Advice- shoot straight. If you can't do that shoot a lot. Haha.

Weather can be all over this time of year, just be prepared for that.

Most of all have fun!!

I'd consider doing the euro mount yourself. There was an easy to follow set of instructions in Field&Stream a while back and I'm sure there are some online. Just skin and salt the head til you get it home. Scoop the rest of the goodies out and it's ready for a bleach water boil to remove most of the rest. Comes out looking pro.

Another thing... be ready for some hellacious winds almost guaranteed.

I usually do. But I'm not interested in doing the 3 others. And I know they'll ask. They've paid me to do them before. But I would rather just have a place and get them done so I don't have to worry about them.

I didn't mind doing them in years past. But with three young kids now my time is more valuable than it used to be lol

Thanks for all the good advice so far. I'm excited!

-Jake

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts