laser technology trupulse 200x experiences??

panzer075

So I cannot find a vectronix terrapin anywhere and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the trupulse 200x. I will be moving to MT or Idaho end of this year and I am planning to do a lot of ELR shooting with my 338 Norma and edge..

I don't think I can swing the PLRF10 or 15...hoping the trupulse will work effectively to 2000 yards...

Anyone have any time with the trupulse 200x...

Thanks
Chris

The LTI Impulse series was not specifically designed for shooters. I own an Impluse 2000 XL and an Impulse 2K. They have similar range and accuracy but the XL adds an inclinometer, some trig functions, and a serial computer interface.

Relative to some other rangefinders, the Impuls beam size is a fairly large.. It appears to be over 5 times the beamwidth of Leica 1600. Off of foliage It is reliable to over a mile and will often measure to it's computational limit of 2400 yards. Trying to range animals beyond 1000 yards and not measure nearby objects is not practical with any rangefinder I've used.

Unless I expect to be shooting at over 1500 yards my choice is the Leica 1600 which is tiny, light, and cheap compared to the Impulse 2000's.

Not that it concerns most hunters in the US, but a limitation of most rangefinders including the Leica and the Terrapin is that they're useless in low light. Either you can't read the diisplay, can't see the objects to be measured, or both . Because the Impulse scopes have a rail on top and an illuminated LCD readout in back a night vision scope (AN/PVS-4 or -12) can be used on the rail to measure distance accurately in starlight to objects without additional illumination.

Thank you for the response. I was halfheartedly planning to get a Leica 1600 to upgrade in the beginning. Now I think I will go that route and maybe get a Vectronix in the future..

Looks like I will have a 1200 leica scan model for sale soon...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.