Laser Rangefinder, HELP!

Weldsheriff

Hey Guys,

I need help deciding on a laser range finder. I'm on a budget of $500 or less. I'm going to be rilfe hunting Antelope and Elk in Colorado this year. I've been looking at the Nikon Riflehunter 1000. Im just not seeing what its max range is on a non-reflective target.

Anyone using it? Or should I look in another direction?

Thanks

For under $500 you need to find a used Leica 1200 CRF-Y. That is the best unit you could possibly get for this amount. Period.

If you search on here there is tons of info on RF's. In fact this probably the most talked about single topic. Read some of these threads and you will learn why the Leica is your best bet.

Leica has come out with a 1600 CRF now, so if you could find a new 1200 CRF-Y on a shelf you should be able to buy it for $500 or close. My son recently picked up a used one for $425 on this forum and it works geat.

Jeff

Weldsheriff,
Also look at the Zeiss Victory. Cameraland had some for 425.00 that were demos. I bought one and love it. Have no complaints. IMO the Zeiss Victory and the leica 1200, you cant go wrong with either one. The ballistics program thats in the Zeiss is an added benefit. Grant it I do not use it. Its a great rangefinder.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.