Largest Grizzly/Brown bear areas

Yep, most people leave the whole carcass behind, I figured I should eat at least a little. It made some of the best stew I've ever had. The bear came off blueberries, so the meat was almost sweet. No gameyness at all, kinda beefy. Went back to the kill site a year later in the spring, there wasn't even any bone left, but there are lots of other bears and wolves in that area as well.

That's really awesome stuff. I can't imagine the thrill.
There's a couple dream hunts that I would love to do. Just never looked into any of them. I know Im not getting any younger. I also imagine that for an out of state resident that the price is astronomically high.
What caliber were you gents using on those bears?

I took mine with 3 shots from a tikka in 338wm. Loaded a stiff charge of 7828ssc under a standard 250gr Hornady spire point interlock. At 30yds, I recovered the first 2 shots under the hide, after they had broken both shoulders. The 3rd round was a finisher at 10yds to the spine right in front of the shoulders.

I can honestly say it was the single biggest rush of my life stalking up an open mountainside onto a brown bear. This all when I was an alaska resisdent. Tag was $25 bucks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.