Largest cartridge you suppress/won’t suppress?

How about a suppressor on a 20 mm L39 Lahti anti tank gun? This was used in a Brinks bank robbery, 1965 in New York. Enjoy!
oil-drum-suppressed-l39-lahti-anti-tank-gun-bank-vault-cracker-thunderbolt-lightfoot.jpg

Attachments

• suppressed-l39-lahti-used-in-bank-robbery.jpg
    suppressed-l39-lahti-used-in-bank-robbery.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 28
Suppress everything!

210 Bergers from 300 RUM, easy peasy. 300gn MKs from a 338 LM, no problem. If I had a 50BMG I'd have the Barrett suppressor/brake combo for it.

That said, I now have an EC tuner/brake on a 6.5CM comp rifle, but mainly that's for spotting shots and making it easier to play the games with it. Suppressors and brakes both have a purpose, I lean strongly towards suppressed over braked as my preference.

I run my .280AI and 7SS suppressed.
I have shot 28 Noslers and .300WMs suppressed, and they definitely recoil more than with a good brake. I have a 28 Nosler myself, pushing a 195 @ a moderate (for my rifle) 3084fps. I have yet to try it with the Ultra 9 vs the good 3-port however.

But, a 28 Nosler with a can sure is nice on the ears to shoot...

So it looks like as of now for me the largest I will suppress is my 7WSM shooting 180's or my 7Mag shooting up to 180's. Recoil is comfortable and can spot shots so it makes sense.

I did just pick up my Thunderbeast 338 Ultra out of jail for maximum suppression that I planned on running on my 28 Nosler (and a reason to pick up a .338 Cal at some point). It was one on my bucket list and just cause lol. My 28 Nosler may still kick more than I'd like, my goal is minimal recoil to spot my shots. Looks like I'll be putting my Terminator T3 brake back on.

Last edited:
I have a 28Nosler heavy hunting rifle shooting a mild load with 195's just over 3,000fps with a Terminator T3 brake and is a pussycat for recoil. Threaded my Thunderbeast Ultra 9 on and kicks like a mule now suppressed vs. braked. What's your biggest cartridge and grain bullet where you run a brake instead of suppressed to handle recoil?

I've been running suppressors on most of my firearms for a few years now and enjoy the sound reduction and decreased recoil (vs, non braked). Very mild recoil on my 7WSM shooting 180's at just over 3000fps.
As much as I like them I own no suppressors because I'm not interested in giving the Fed's my info unless I absolutely have to.