Large rifle primers.

Thanks for the advice. I have been consistently watching the major outlets including my LGS for supply. Just a little slow , I guess. Will keep trying. Ended up with 9 1/2M for the moment

Also remember that 300 H&H mag and 300 Win Mag started life with Large rifle primers only!
I plan on trying to use them soon as our weather gets normal.
Yes sir,

I got all hung up on primers chasing the SD-ES rabbit hole.

Have since learned better. I've got four different types of Small Rifle on hand. That actually happened by buying what was available when it became available in the last two years

Will get Large primers caught back up soon enough.

I still have several bricks of Sellier&Belloit large magnums available. Shipping is the roadblock...
If anyone has insight as to the shipping process, I will appreciate it.
I have been selling them locally for $60.00/.

Anyone finding large rifle magnum primers anywhere?
I stumbled into a few federal today, but the really treat was finding H1000 at first it was a pound for $40 and that ain't bad. Timing was perfect gave the one pound back as a credit and grabbed the 8 pounder for $319. Primers and h1k Christmas came early. If there is anyone in Wisconsin that has H4831sc I will trade H1000 pound for pound little lean on 4831sc but I have roughly 12 pounds of h1k

Last edited:
Why can Canada and UK and even New Zealand have name brand Federal, CCI and Winchester rifle primers in bulk yet we can't in the U.S. The crisis in Ukraine is the very reason we as U.S. citizens should have the right to bear arms...every kid in school should be taught how handle firearms and taken to the shooting range in classroom fashion and must past a accuracy rating to graduate...we are looking at ww 3 and our government is worried about us having too much fire power...vote accordingly next election.
First priority goes to the companies they have contracts with requiring them to meet a monthly or annual minimum, and of course for their own factory ammo.

Mostly, we get the leftovers.

With demand increasing 20, 40, and 40% in each of the last three years according to an exec I know in the industry the demand has simply outstripped anything they can supply and nobody saw it coming.

There is a new primer plant that will get going in the next few months and that's going to give us some relief but from what I've been told, more like another 6-18 months before we start seeing anything we'd consider to be normal either in cost or availability.

If you're willing to pay up you can find them but it's certainly frustrating as all get out for all of us.