Lapua Scenar 139gn

I've used it on a bull elk at 400 and a cow elk at 300. Both took one shot through the vitals and were down within steps. 6.5 SAUM with muzzle velocity of 3,070 (bull) and 2,990 (cow).

plenty of dead critters here, Pat (scenarshooter) was very generous with his knowledge and helped me with my rifle build and bullet/load choice.

Who has used this 6.5 bullet for hunting and how did it perform?
I've used many times on animals up to and including elk out of a 6.5-284, with excellent results. My opinion is they hold together a bit more than Bergers, but you must make sure the tip is open or you get a complete passthrough with no expansion.

I've used many times on animals up to and including elk out of a 6.5-284, with excellent results. My opinion is they hold together a bit more than Bergers, but you must make sure the tip is open or you get a complete passthrough with no expansion.
Thank you... that's been the only bullet that I have been able to find. So I may end up having to use it this season, but i haven't had any experience with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts