Lapua brass & lazy reloader

I'm a little disappointed to see that Lapua is showing pressure signs when Hornady isn't. I'm saving mine for a new barrel I ordered but would like to read about more people's experience with the Lapua brass.
using the same load in both I assume? If so and if your load is top end in your Horn brass naturally in the Lapua brass there's going to be more speed/pressure as it's heavier brass......

using the same load in both I assume? If so and if your load is top end in your Horn brass naturally in the Lapua brass there's going to be more speed/pressure as it's heavier brass......

I have not loaded any with Lapua brass yet. I was responding to BrentM's post stating that he was seeing pressure with Lapua before Hornady.

Steve, I have fired 38 rounds in a new barrel with zero problems. GAP built, Bartlein 24" CF RH 8-7.5. Using XM size Defiance action.
Started at 56.0 RL26 & went to 58.0. Had pressure at 58.0. Loaded 91 @ 57.0 RL26. Everything is with 156 EOLs. Groups averaged 3/8" on me. I was shooting without bag. Rifle & load capable of bugholes. I've fired 38 so far….zero problems as expected w/Lapua.
Average of 6 thou stretch. Measurements not totally valid as primers are still in.
Attached load info in pics
SD = 6.6
ES = 13
LabRadar
What velocity are you getting? I don't see it in your notes for this load. I see 2937 for previous notes.
What elevation are you at? I'm at 1300 which is right on the line for stabilization in AZ but won't cut it in PA.

Steve, I have fired 38 rounds in a new barrel with zero problems. GAP built, Bartlein 24" CF RH 8-7.5. Using XM size Defiance action.
Started at 56.0 RL26 & went to 58.0. Had pressure at 58.0. Loaded 91 @ 57.0 RL26. Everything is with 156 EOLs. Groups averaged 3/8" on me. I was shooting without bag. Rifle & load capable of bugholes. I've fired 38 so far….zero problems as expected w/Lapua.
Average of 6 thou stretch. Measurements not totally valid as primers are still in.
Attached load info in pics
SD = 6.6
ES = 13
LabRadar
I shoot RL26 also but at 57.6 grains in my 22" GAP rifle. Mines shorty cause I suppress it. Getting 3,003 fps average SD around 3. Groups consistenly under .3 moa. Usually closer to .2 moa. I shot a 7 shot group once with it and it was .4 moa. Not bad. GAP rifles rock.

What velocity are you getting? I don't see it in your notes for this load. I see 2937 for previous notes.
What elevation are you at? I'm at 1300 which is right on the line for stabilization in AZ but won't cut it in PA.
With the new rifle and 24" bbl I'm getting +/- 2950 fps. With my 1st 65 PRC build & 26" bbl I'm getting around 3050 fps with same exact load. I lose ~ 50 fps per inch. I'm definitely seeing different than the shooters with 18" - 20" bbls are seeing. They are losing almost nothing per inch of bbl length. Next time I talk with Berger Tech I'll see what they lose per inch of bbl. Elevation at my home & range is 1800

I shoot RL26 also but at 57.6 grains in my 22" GAP rifle. Mines shorty cause I suppress it. Getting 3,003 fps average SD around 3. Groups consistenly under .3 moa. Usually closer to .2 moa. I shot a 7 shot group once with it and it was .4 moa. Not bad. GAP rifles rock.
I tried other powders that did well, but it was always back to RL26 with equal SDs , but a lot more velocity. I've even switched from h1000 to rl26 in my woo WM. Just as consistent, but a crazy 100-150 fps increase in vel.

I lose a lot per inch of bbl length. Both bbls are Bartlein, but one is solid SS & the hunting rifle is CF.

I tried other powders that did well, but it was always back to RL26 with equal SDs , but a lot more velocity. I've even switched from h1000 to rl26 in my woo WM. Just as consistent, but a crazy 100-150 fps increase in vel.

I lose a lot per inch of bbl length. Both bbls are Bartlein, but one is solid SS & the hunting rifle is CF.
N560 will get you the same velocities with better temp stability. I shot pretty much the same velocity and same low sd's but I had a lot more RL26 so I stuck with it. Since I have picked up a 8# jug of N560, N565 and N570. The N565 should do the same. I'm gonna try it one day when I get time.

N560 will get you the same velocities with better temp stability. I shot pretty much the same velocity and same low sd's but I had a lot more RL26 so I stuck with it. Since I have picked up a 8# jug of N560, N565 and N570. The N565 should do the same. I'm gonna try it one day when I get time.
I would like to try N560, but I have so much rl26 that I have to use it. It was hard to get before the shortage due to popularity, so I really stocked up on it. Its good that I'm happy with it or I would definitely by crying lol

With the new rifle and 24" bbl I'm getting +/- 2950 fps. With my 1st 65 PRC build & 26" bbl I'm getting around 3050 fps with same exact load. I lose ~ 50 fps per inch. I'm definitely seeing different than the shooters with 18" - 20" bbls are seeing. They are losing almost nothing per inch of bbl length. Next time I talk with Berger Tech I'll see what they lose per inch of bbl. Elevation at my home & range is 1800
I see 25-30 per inch, 22" down to 18"

I would like to try N560, but I have so much rl26 that I have to use it. It was hard to get before the shortage due to popularity, so I really stocked up on it. Its good that I'm happy with it or I would definitely by crying lol
I have both. Rl26 is still my go to

I live in AZ so temps over 90 are the norm. I'm afraid to try to work up a load with RL26 until winter. I've read multiple posts about temp sensitivity over 90 being an issue.

I live in AZ so temps over 90 are the norm. I'm afraid to try to work up a load with RL26 until winter. I've read multiple posts about temp sensitivity over 90 being an issue.
I've been shooting it as of late in Texas. Temps right at 100. I actual shoot 1 cold bores rights now then cool down the barrel under an air conditioner. When the barrel cools down and I can go out and shoot another. I found that I can shoot a shot about every 5 minutes. I also keep the cartridges in the ac. It's kinda of a hassle but if I want to shoot the RL 26 ones that's what I do.

This is the time to do it. There is a lot of negative hype that is usually not well vetted. Summer is the best time to work up a load. If your ammo can handle 90-100 temps and a hot chamber then colder temps is going to be a non-issue. If you want a specific hot load for winter, so be it, but if you shoot all year you need a summer stabile load that you can be confident in. People who claim other powders don't have an issue usually haven't been pushing things too far, like some of us. I have had issues with 4350, h1000, and retumbo, just like RL26. The thing about RL26 is that it pushes bullets faster than other powders more often and doesn't show psi signs until it is pretty close to too hot. It gives a false sense of security and when it goes south in heat its due to being too hot to begin with. I've used over 100lbs of it and I shoot all year. I run rl26 in 6 creed, 243, 6.5 creed, 6.5-284, and 6.5 PRC. I have no issue getting a good sd and accurate load I can shoot all year. This summer it did get hot, we shot in some 95f temps and had no issues at all. Moving past all this I think it would be great if you worked up a good load now and then did a test on your own that includes freezing some ammo and seeing what it does. You'll then have vetted this process personally and can decide fact from friction for yourself. It only takes 3-5 rounds out of your ammo to do the test after you work up your load.

Due to my experience with lapau 300prc compared to ADG, and others with the 6.5prc, I PERSONALLY don't think Lapua makes it. All of their brass holds pressure very well in 3 different creedmoor chambers, 6.5x284, 300 norma improved, and 338 lapua. No other brand comes close accept ADG, and Peterson. However Peterson always holds less powder and gives up on performance due to that fact.