Lapua Brass for a 300WM?.........

BearMan

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this page, but not to reloading. I puchased 100 rounds of Lapua Brass for my 300 WM., first time trying this brass. I received the brass and noticed that the O.A.L. was .005"+/-.001" under the recommended trim length.
I trim my brass to 2.610", is this normal for Lapua Brass to be short? Maybe this brass will stretch to 2.610" after a few loads like other brass I have shot? But, I would have thought the brass would come with some extra stock to trim to your desire length? Should I worry about the short case?
Will this cause problems with accuracy?
I'm shooting a GAP rifle

Need some advice - PLEASE!!!
smile.gif

I checked Lapua's website, they say that their Brass is 2.610" for the -300WM

Using;
-Mike Rock 5R/24" Barrel
-Lapua Brass
-Berger 190 VLD
-RL-22
-1K competitions

Thanks for your time,
szst8h
smile.gif

My Lapua brass is generally a little short too but I just trim it a little more to make them all the same and THEN once they exceed the max length I trim them to the recommended "Trim to Length". I don't believe having the brass a little shorter than the recommended trim length will hurt anything, it's just few thousandths, not like they didn't have any neck.

My recommendation: Trim them a little, load them up and shoot.

I'm in the same boat as Dave King , my brass is always a little shorter than satndard trim to length but I trim them all to get the exact length the same.

The Lapua brass is great stuff , I've got 4 loads on my 300 brass and that is with a very stout load and their still under max case length , I'll probably trimm them back to where they started after the fourth firing.

Don't know about you but I found the R-22 to give higher velocities but it wasen't as accurate , I've gone to H-4831sc with my 210gr Bergers , it gives up a little bit in the velocity department but it is very consistant and fills the case well as well as it meters.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.