Lapua 6.5 PRC brass

I called EuroOptics yesterday regarding their prepaid orders for Lapua 6.5 PRC brass. They said they haven't received any yet. Emails will go out when the brass comes in.
Thanks, last time I called they couldn't tell me where I was in the overall list for who ordered first so I guess we'll all just have to see when they get some. My receipt is dated 1/8 🤞 hopefully that was early enough to get some in the first shipment.

Man, I must have just missed the cut. Talked to them this morning and they have already processed all the orders they were able to fill. Couldn't give me an estimate on when they might receive more. I'm wondering if I should cancel my order or just hang in there … I really don't want them hanging on to my money until next summer if Lapua is only running annual batches. What would you guys do?

Try
Man, I must have just missed the cut. Talked to them this morning and they have already processed all the orders they were able to fill. Couldn't give me an estimate on when they might receive more. I'm wondering if I should cancel my order or just hang in there … I really don't want them hanging on to my money until next summer if Lapua is only running annual batches. What would you guys do?
Try back ordering at Grafs and Creedmoor sports. They don't charge your card until they ship. Grafs also has Peterson

I'd propose a hybrid approach. Keep the backorder active and cancel if you find some sooner.

I recently placed a back order with Eurooptic.com for Berger 215's. If I happen to find some (really doubtful) I'll cancel my backorder. I imagine when they hit the market again, the rush to buy them will wipe out inventories within minutes to hours. Similar to what happens to anything 6.5 PRC.

grafs.com allows back orders on Peterson brass. No charges until shipped. I don't think they allow back orders on anything else right now. They ended that practice earlier this year.

Try

Try back ordering at Grafs and Creedmoor sports. They don't charge your card until they ship. Grafs also has Peterson
Appreciate it, I have a back order with Creedmoor since about April but she said they had an absolutely crazy number of back orders already so I'm not too optimistic. I really appreciate that they don't charge you until it ships though.

I received my Lapua brass today from EuroOptic and wasn't pleased. I ordered 2 boxes of brass and they were shoved into a shipping box barely big enough for them. I think there was room for maybe 12 pieces of popcorn foam in there. The seals on both boxes of brass were broken and several pieces of brass were loose in the cardboard box. I counted 24 pieces of brass that the necks were pretty bent. I'm guessing UPS was playing rugby with them. This is not a criticism of Lapua but of how EuroOptic packaged the brass.

About the brass itself. I loaded a Berger 156 and took an outside neck measurement of 0.294". I took 1 box of 101 pieces and full length sized them with a 0.290 bushing. I then ran an expander mandrel to set neck tension and clean up the bent necks. Onto the measuring. Neck thickness on all pieces averaged 0.015. This is what I have found with almost all Lapua brass I have used. OAL measured from 2.19-2.21". I weighed all pieces and the average weight was 222.64 grains. The extreme low was 221.82 grains and extreme high was 223.86 grains. That's 100 pieces within 2 grains of each other. Overall I'm very impressed with the consistency of the brass so far. And if you caught it, each box had 101 pieces in them. :)

I'm going to load some up this week and see how they compare to the Hornady brass I've been using. Pretty excited to see the results.

I received my Lapua brass today from EuroOptic and wasn't pleased. I ordered 2 boxes of brass and they were shoved into a shipping box barely big enough for them. I think there was room for maybe 12 pieces of popcorn foam in there. The seals on both boxes of brass were broken and several pieces of brass were loose in the cardboard box. I counted 24 pieces of brass that the necks were pretty bent. I'm guessing UPS was playing rugby with them. This is not a criticism of Lapua but of how EuroOptic packaged the brass.

About the brass itself. I loaded a Berger 156 and took an outside neck measurement of 0.294". I took 1 box of 101 pieces and full length sized them with a 0.290 bushing. I then ran an expander mandrel to set neck tension and clean up the bent necks. Onto the measuring. Neck thickness on all pieces averaged 0.015. This is what I have found with almost all Lapua brass I have used. OAL measured from 2.19-2.21". I weighed all pieces and the average weight was 222.64 grains. The extreme low was 221.82 grains and extreme high was 223.86 grains. That's 100 pieces within 2 grains of each other. Overall I'm very impressed with the consistency of the brass so far. And if you caught it, each box had 101 pieces in them. :)

I'm going to load some up this week and see how they compare to the Hornady brass I've been using. Pretty excited to see the results.
I'm curious; do you remember what date you placed your order with EO? I never received my order and I'm starting to wonder if something went wrong.

Recent Posts