Lane Precision Rifles at 800 yards

I hope it was 2-300 because thats a ****** 100

I'm just messing around. In all honesty, if it was Special Forces guys, I don't care if they were shooting at 50 yards, 100 yards or any yardage. I wouldn't want to get in a combat situation with them and be on the other side.

But there really isn't a need to embellish it.

Most military guys and i mean most. And i can speak from experience of good friends one a seal one special forces. They can shoot a lot but not precisely and they'll openly tell you that. They are trained to kill not shoot groups and not at distance.

Most military guys and i mean most. And i can speak from experience of good friends one a seal one special forces. They can shoot a lot but not precisely and they'll openly tell you that. They are trained to kill not shoot groups and not at distance.
I'd agree. I used to shoot a lot of matches and often shot alongside SF guys. Obviously, there are exceptions, but they are generally mid-to-upper pack and seldom walk away from the field. I believe they excel on two-way ranges.

I wouldn't say "not precisely", I'd just say the definition of precision or combat shooting is different. Can I shoot a human sized target a 1000 yards with the kit available. Not can I print a 5" group at 1000 prone. There's no time for that if you are operational. I'd say the exception is the school houses. You spend alot of time instilling that in students, but you have plenty of time to tinker, push the limits, and try and push that into doctrine or just better yourself.

From what I gather and this is just knowing guys that gone through the training too shoot. You train and the guys that stand out.. your (chris kyles) move forward. They dont just get your standard rifles they get custom rifles and ammunition. The other guys are your 300 yard lead slingers kicking in doors. And are trained to fire rapidly under pressure. Where the select few snipers go through the more extensive training. Not all seals are sniper seals and other branches.

Depends if you're an SP Sniper or not... Most of the assault guys don't carry rifles made to shoot accurate long range. It's all about close quarters combat...