Laminated wood stocks

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Bob S., Dec 3, 2004.

1. Bob S.

Bob S. Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a laminated stock? I'm going to get all my stuff together before sending my rifle to a smith for work and I think I want a thumbhole laminated stock for a win mod 70 action. I thought about a composit stock but think wood looks more one-offish. Does that make any sense? I hope I posted this in the right spot. [​IMG]

[ 12-03-2004: Message edited by: Cowboy ]

2. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

Do a google search for lam stocks. Boyds, MidwayUSA, Numrich, Richards Microfit, and many other smaller shops offer lam stocks.

Jerry

3. Bob S.

Bob S. Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of that. [​IMG] I did do a search on the board but the server kept timing out. I guess my criteria was to broad. [​IMG] Thanks for the input.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Check out Richard's Microfit stocks. I bought a ton of em from them, and never had a complaint from any of my customers. I'd suggest the thumbhole fullgrip. You won't be disappointed.

5. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

Cowboy,
    You might check out the Serengeti stocks made in Montana. They are custom laminates, but don't look like a laminate. Very stable. Their web site is www.serengetitradingco.com. [​IMG]

6. Musket_0

Musket_0 Active Member

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/
    This is where I got mine. $129.00 for thumbhole, 2 color laminate, 99% inlet for what ever gun you want. I bought the tack-driver silouette.
    Jeff

[ 12-05-2004: Message edited by: Musket_0 ]